- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full-time, Non-Exempt
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Promesa’s mission is to improve conditions in Boyle Heights at the individual, school, and systems level by building a movement of partner organizations, students, and families collaborating to close the opportunity gap and strengthen support for students from cradle through college and career. For more information, visit: www.promesaboyleheights.org.
Promesa Boyle Heights is a passionate collaborative of residents, youth, schools, local organizations and public/private institutions working together to realize a vision where:
1. Every individual has access to a range of supports in the home, in our schools, and in the community to foster school and life success;
2. Organizations are collaborating and closing the opportunity gap amongst the most marginalized and underserved populations in our community, and;
3. A powerful, resident-led collaborative is winning system-level policy changes that create a safer, healthier, and more stable Boyle Heights.
About this job
The Office Coordinator provides essential administrative office support and administration, directly supporting the Director team, steering committees, and general assemblies. The coordinator's main duties include scheduling meetings, event coordination, managing follow-up with diverse stakeholders, and organizing daily tasks for a functioning office environment. To be successful in this role, they should be proactive, be able to meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with all staff and members of the collaborative. They should work as a team to build long-term community power and social change around the Promesa BH vision, mission and community priorities, and must uphold Promesa’s values.
Compensation: (Coordinator 1 Level) $20-$26/hr. depending on experience
Reports to: Managing Director
Roles & responsibilities
● Follow Proyecto Pastoral operations and management guidelines and procedures, and support the Promesa BH team with compliance
● Provide day to day office operations support (purchasing office supplies, troubleshooting IT issues, and general team communication)
● Provide support with processing invoices and billing for Promesa as outlined by Proyecto
● Respond or direct general inquiries regarding Promesa Boyle Heights to appropriate team members
Promesa Team Operations
● Provide logistical support for Solutions Team activities in collaboration with Solution
● Support implementation of data systems to ensure accurate tracking.
● Support budget tracking at the direction of Managing Director
● In collaboration with Promesa Development Coordinator support in managing Promesa
Social Media Accounts and Website
● Lead logistical coordination including ensuring materials are printed and translated, and interpretation is scheduled for General Assembly and Steering Committee meetings
● Support coordination of weekly team meetings, check-ins, professional development, and retreats.
● Manage Promesa calendar and other Promesa accounts (zoom, texting apps)
● Support with development of fact sheets, tools, and other resources for the Promesa BH team
● Under the guidance of Managing Director support in developing Board Reports, submitting content for the Proyecto Newsletter, and support in developing the Promesa
● Support with onboarding new team members as needed.
● As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure effective and efficient operations.
● Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills
Below are the minimum qualifications for this position:
● A minimum of 2 years of work experience working in an office setting similar to
Promesa Boyle Heights.
● A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Other comparable work
experience will be considered. Experience as a personal assistant or secretary is a plus.
● Knowledge of office procedures and solid experience with office management systems (MS Office, Google Suite, data analysis software, and social media).
● Strong technology skills and managing different online accounts/platforms, familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
● Experience using office equipment, including printers and fax machines.
● Strong and professional written and verbal communication skills (via phone, email and in-person).
● Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company
● Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
● Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
● Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.
● Bilingual in Spanish preferred
**Must be a licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to meet
organization’s minimum auto insurance requirements
Full-time position with excellent benefit package, including health, dental, vision, vacation, sick days, holidays and 401k plan.
Please submit the following:
1. Current resume
2. Letter of interest
These should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
Promesa BH Office Coordinator. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We encourage interested applicants to submit as soon as possible and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.