Senior Project Coordinator, Student Centered Design Lab
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The Senior Project Coordinator will support continued development and administration of operations for the California Community Colleges Student Centered Design Lab (SCDL). The SCDL is the nation’s first user experience (UX) lab focused on improving student access to and success within community college. The SCDL is a fast-paced and growing business unit housed at the Foundation. The team helps a diverse portfolio of project partners within the California Community Colleges ecosystem understand, adopt, implement, and promote equitable student-centered design approaches.
Roles & responsibilities
● Assist in creating, sustaining, and optimizing operational practices and procedures for the SCDL to drive team efficiencies, to include ongoing buildout and management of team databases.
● Willingness to learn and adhere to existing font, color, imagery style, and other brand and/or design standards and contribute to the continual development of the SCDL’s unique style.
● Seek out opportunities to learn about evolving Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and proactively help the team identify and troubleshoot existing and potential accessibility issues within designs.
● Help cross-functional partners at all levels understand, adopt, implement, and promote equitable student-centered design approaches while advancing conversations with project partners from ideation through implementation.
● Translate complex project, system, and technical information and articulate design intent and vision to cross-functional partners, including business, technology, and project teams, vendors, etc.
● Contribute to establishing and maintaining analytics across both mobile and desktop websites and applications for project partners.
● Support all phases of research and design projects, including but not limited to project planning, study design, participant recruitment, data collection and analysis, presentations, and solutions implementation.
● Proven ability to collaborate effectively as a team member, and build and maintain strong, working relationships with a diverse set of cross-functional project partners.
● Demonstrated respect for and ability to work with diverse populations.
● Demonstrated experience handling multiple duties and prioritizing successfully.
● Strong customer service skills and knowledge of business/office operations.
● Working experience with calendaring, scheduling, and coordinating meetings and events.
● Strong attention to detail, ensuring that all deliverables and projects are accurate, professional, and up-to-date.
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; experienced in proofreading.
● Proven ability to work remotely and navigate various company-wide technology platforms (Zoom, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Teams, Salesforce Lightning, and more).
● Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
● A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
● A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
● Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
● Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
● Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
To apply and to see the full Job Description, go to: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers