STEM Program Instructional Aide
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
DIY Girls is a non-profit organization hosting after-school STEM programs with a mission to increase girls’ interest and success in technology, engineering, and making through innovative educational experiences and mentor relationships.
About this job
The STEM Program Instructional Aide will support the STEM Program Instructor in engaging 5th grade or middle school participants in creative projects that develop their technical and problem-solving skills. This is a great opportunity to develop technical and leadership skills that will aid in future career opportunities.
The STEM Program Instructional Aide will work closely with the STEM Program Instructor and Program Coordinators to ensure quality in the following areas:
- Classroom Set Up & Management
- Student support
- Weekdays, 12:30 PM - 6 PM
Hourly Rate: $17-$21/hour, depending on experience
Hours: Part-time/Non-Exempt, up to 12 hours per week
Benefits: Sick Time and 401(k)
Location: Schools in the Northeast San Fernando Valley (San Fernando, Pacoima, Sylmar)
Roles & responsibilities
- Assist with implementation of the program, classroom management, & small group instruction
- Participate in training sessions with the STEM Program Instructor
- Support students through the creation and troubleshooting of their hands-on projects
- Maintain accurate attendance records
- Other duties as assigned with a primary focus on supporting program instruction and student projects
All candidates should have a passion for empowering young women and girls from historically underrepresented communities, excellent organization skills, consistency, and reliability. Additional qualifications include:
- Independent, results-oriented, self-starter
- Interest in education, technology, engineering, coding, and hands-on DIY projects
- Undergraduate and community college students with a major in Education, child development, or STEM
- Interest in growing public speaking/presentation skills
- Proficient in Spanish
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 15-20 pounds at times
As part of the efforts of the Los Angeles Unified School District (District) to provide the safest possible environment in which to learn and work, all District employees, partners, Vendors and other adults who provide services on District property, or directly to District students, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All DIY Girls employees who will be working at any LAUSD site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per LAUSD’s guidelines.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DIY Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of DIY Girls to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.