Development Database Manager - Fully Remote
- 13 days ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services has provided free mental health, substance use disorder and suicide prevention services since 1942. Dedicated to serving communities where stigma or poverty limits access, Didi Hirsch helps more than 150,000 children and adults from 10 locations and 100 schools throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties each year.
Our Suicide Prevention Center is the nation’s first and an international leader in training, research and crisis services.
About this job
The Development Database Manager is responsible for analyzing, managing, and maintaining the Agency’s donor database information system. This includes managing and overseeing gift processing, donor profile data and donor acknowledgements; supporting timely updates to annual fundraising solicitation pipeline; as well as reconciling donor gift activity with the accounting department to ensure reporting accuracy. The Development Database Manager will work closely with the VP of Development, Senior Director of Development and Directors of Donor Relations providing analysis on a range of donor information to help inform engagement, solicitation and stewardship strategies; and will support other Department activities that require donor data input such as special events, board reporting, and campaigns. Didi Hirsch is at an exciting juncture. Having recently acquired another mission-aligned organization called Teen Line, we are taking the opportunity—in the merging of the two organization’s donor systems—to integrate the donor data systems and convert our data to a new donor database system. With heavy support from our database conversion consultant, this position offers the opportunity to be a part of the clean-up, strategy, conversion process, and the new database launch and implementation.
Roles & responsibilities
- Fulfill all aspects of the donor acknowledgement process.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection and conversion to a new donor database (current database is Donor Perfect).
- With the support of Development Department leadership and database consultants, co-create policies and procedures for the new database.
- Ensure that the Development team receives necessary training to operate the selected database.
- Manage and maintain the donor database, including oversight of the quality, accuracy, and confidentiality of all donor and gift information.
- Manage and process all gifts, including checks, online gifts, credit card payments, pledges, event sponsorships, tributes and memorials, campaign payments and other fundraising initiative donations; as well as a variety of in-kind gifts.
- Perform data analysis to inform mailing segmentation, moves management prospects pipeline, and donor giving trends.
- Carry out donor research as needed, including the creation of donor profiles that provide information on donor’s background and interests, gift ask recommendations, etc.
- Work closely with development department colleagues on uniform practices for entering meeting notes, biographical information, etc. and attaching key documents to donor records.
- Regularly assess the Development team’s data and reporting needs, suggesting new processes, reports, and database policies as needed to maintain the team’s effectiveness and keep staff informed.
- In coordination with fundraising staff, inform appropriate staff/board when their contacts make a gift.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of gifts received with Finance Department.
- Regularly generate gift and revenue reports.
- Prepare all donor mailing lists for annual campaigns, direct mail, invitations, and other electronic and printed mailings.
- Produce reports for the VP of Development, Senior Director of Development, Directors of Donor Relations and Finance Department as needed.
- Conduct regular database cleanup tasks and annual database audits to ensure donor data is de-duplicated, updated, and corrected.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in database management or similar role
- Experience designing, developing, and producing database reports.
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture and data security.
- Knowledge of best practices in donor data management.
- A working knowledge of development practices in a nonprofit environment, preferably including experience in an organization providing direct human services.
- Prior experience in the planning and executing of community and special fundraising events, from a data perspective.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Although the position is fully remote, there will be periodic meetings or events that may require onsite participation.
- Current California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Click on the link below to apply.