As 2020 finally comes to a close, we're reflecting on the hardships, the joys, and everything in between — from COVID-19 devastating our communities and months of staying at home to witnessing our city come together and demand justice for Black lives. And most of all, as we look back, we're reminded how grateful we are for the LA2050 community and for your dedication to our region through it all.
LA2050's Top Five:
1. Amid the challenges, we were grateful to distribute critical knowledge to Angelenos. Launched in March, our COVID-19 Directory features information about available assistance gathered from the LA2050 community. In June, we published a detailed list of resources in the fight for racial justice to guide Angelenos in learning about anti-racism work and taking action.
2. The 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge submissions were bright spots in an otherwise harrowing year. The 285 proposals highlighted the incredible work being done on the ground to make LA better for all and resonated with Angelenos, who cast more than 105,000 votes in the selection of our 25 newest My LA2050 grantees.
3. In the absence of in-person gatherings, we were grateful for the opportunity to connect with the LA2050 community online. We've hosted six live stream events, including our "My LA2050 Ideas Showcase" live streams in July and our "COVID-19 and the Digital Divide" webinar in October, and convened virtually with grantees and partners.
4. In recent weeks, we featured opportunities for donating, gifting, and volunteering. Our Giving Tuesday match raised more than $27,000 for 41 nonprofit organizations in just 9.5 hours through the My LA2050 Ideas Archive. We also shared our annual gift guide with 31 socially-conscious and locally-made products and distributed a curated list of holiday volunteer opportunities.
5. True to our roots, we continued to share ways for Angelenos to get involved and make an impact. This year, we featured more than 320 job opportunities on the LA2050 Jobs Board. And, during a time when staying connected took on new meaning, we highlighted more than 550 virtual events and safe volunteer opportunities.