We’ve got access to the information that every Angeleno needs to make an impact. Our blog features the latest LA2050 news, announcements, features, happenings, grantee updates, and more.
Gift Well with LA2050's Holiday Gift GuidePosted
In alignment with our goal of making Los Angeles the best place to CREATE, each year we release our annual gift guide featuring impactful, socially-conscious, and locally-made goods. By purchasing products from this list, you can support organizations pursuing social change in Los Angeles and help drive progress on some of LA2050's key impact metrics: employment in the creative industries, minority- and women-owned firms, manufacturing activity, jobs per capita, rates of volunteerism, and more.
A number of these products are from shops affiliated with LA Original, a program of the Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles in partnership with the Mayor's Office of Economic Development, that celebrates LA as the creative capital of the world. We're proud to fund LA Original's important work to support our local makers and small businesses!
This gift guide has something for every person on your list, at every price point. What better way to give, than to give a gift that makes a difference!
1. For the impact-oriented… The Los Angeles Impact Box from LA Original x Gifts for Good ($85) *LA Original Product
2. For the “to-do list" maker… Journal from Made by Downtown Women's Center ($18)
3. For the adventurer… Roaming Wild 2021 Calendar from Parks Project ($25)
4. For those with new babies… Antiracist Baby Board Book by Ibram X. Kendi (Author) and Ashley Lukashevsky (Illustrator) from Eso Won Books ($9)
5. For the snacker… Original Cinnamon Coffee Cake from Homeboy Foods ($30)
6. For the pen pal... Holiday Cards from CASA of Los Angeles (Donation)
7. For the activist... Fist & Flower Dad Hat from Bloom & Plume ($32)
8. For the always-prepared… LA Original Toluca Sanitizer Key Chain from Pocket Square Clothing ($12) *LA Original Product
9. For the baker... Tenth Anniversary Tea Towel from CicLAvia ($12)
10. For the fashion-forward... Face Mask Set from LACMA ($28 for a set of two)
12. For the wellness guru… Good Vibes Essential Oil from Gifted by FreeFrom ($16)
14. For the environmentalist… “Go Plastic-free" Gift Pack from Food Forward ($40)
15. For the animal lover… Los Angeles Zoo Membership ($60)
18. For the artist… Three Pack of Zines by the Los Angeles Times ($25)
19. For the Angeleno who moved away… Los Angeles Candle from P.F. Candle Co. ($20) *LA Original Product
20. For the skincare-obsessed… Organic Facial Masks from Lot Xi Urban Apothecary ($20) *LA Original Product
21. For the outdoor explorer… Wild LA Book from Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County ($25)
22. For the refined... Rose Tea from the Huntington Garden ($8)
23. For the holiday decorator… Jungalow Noa Hanger ($14)
24. For the indoor gardener… Gift Card to Latinx with Plants ($25+)
25. For the confident woman… Échale Ganas Shirt from Hija de tu Madre ($28)
26. For the eco-friendly... Recycled Billboard Vinyl Tote by Rareform ($44)
27. For the skater… LA Original Core Collection Skateboard from Garage Board Shop ($100) *LA Original Product
28. For the caffeine fiend… Slauson Signature Coffee from Hilltop Coffee + Kitchen ($18)
29. For the LA lover... LA Original x TB LA Cuties Pin ($10) *LA Original Product
30. For the foodie… Gift Card to The Tiyya Foundation's Flavors from Afar Restaurant ($15+)
31. For the beach bum… Beach Towel by grantLOVE x Devon Tsuno to benefit Heart of Los Angeles ($60)