- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The UCLA Luskin Center for History and Policy aims to bring vital historical knowledge, perspective, and analysis to bear on key contemporary issues and policy deliberations. LCHP is the first academic center on the West Coast focused on bringing historical knowledge and perspective to bear on policy deliberations.
About this job
Working under the leadership of the Luskin Center for History and Policy (LCHP) Faculty Director, the Assistant Director for the UCLA Luskin Center for History and Policy is responsible for operations and management of the Luskin Center, as well as implementing all Center initiatives, activities, and long-term strategic development and planning. Incumbent will manage workshops, lectures, conferences, and public outreach activities for the Luskin Center for History and Policy. Major duties include overseeing events as well as developing, implementing, and managing the Center’s communication strategy, developing and managing Center relationships with both internal and external partners.
Roles & responsibilities
- Oversee all print, electronic, and web communications for the Center.
- Create, research and write Center strategic plan in concert with Director, announcements, brochures, flyers, press releases, program descriptions, reports, and other correspondence.
- In addition, the incumbent will work with the Center Director to develop long-range research and outreach initiatives both on campus and in the larger community. The Incumbent will also work with the Center Director to plan and manage board meetings, faculty advisory committee meetings, and other management-related meetings.
- The Assistant Director will create, research and write Center communications, brochures, flyers, press releases, program descriptions, reports, and solicitation correspondence. This also includes the Center’s strategic and guiding documents: board governance, strategic plan, supporting the Center Director to develop the 5-year plan, and fundraising materials.
- The Assistant Director will also develop and implement new programmatic directions for the Center, including producing and managing a biweekly podcast. The incumbent will manage internship and research fellowships for students who will assist in the day to day operations of the Center as well as the Center’s research.
- In concert with the Director, the incumbent will help with development and fundraising activities. The incumbent will develop grant proposals to generate funding streams and work with board members to identify potential new sources of funding. In addition, the Assistant Director will set priorities and manage work flow to fulfill objectives and meet goals.
- The Assistant Director will manage and maintain all website, publicity, and social media related to the Center for History and Policy; design and develop outreach initiatives engaging students, faculty, and scholars. The incumbent will manage the Center’s day to day budget in order to meet budgetary goals under the purview of the History Department CAO and in consultation with the History Department Senior Fund Manager.
See job listing