Institutional Giving Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
About this job
We are seeking an Institutional Giving Manager to join our development team. This position will be responsible for maximizing institutional giving and contribution to the overall fundraising goals and development plan. This position will also work closely with the program leads to develop public grants and manage grant submission, which includes relationship management, completing grant applications, writing proposals, coordination of requisite reports, developing strategies and supporting the research on grant opportunities.
Roles & responsibilities
Institutional Giving Stewardship and Solicitation (65% of the position’s time)
o Manage and grow institutional and corporate prospects and donors ($25,00 -$1M+) to support our current and future programs. This includes submitting at lease 30 solicitations per year that range between $25,000 and $500,000, with at least 3 of the 30 solicitations at $500,000. This position’s objective is to qualify at least 24 prospects per year.
o Develop engagement strategies for current and potential donors by identifying, qualifying and cultivating prospects, determining timing of requests, overseeing and writing proposals.
o Maintain regular verbal and written correspondence with key funding representatives.
o Conduct regular visits to donors and coordinate with leadership and staff to prepare for meetings and debrief. This includes a goal of 45 meaningful visits per year, including qualification visits and making direct solicitations and closing gifts.
o Develop proposal budgets with the Chief Development Officer and monitor accountability for grant contracts.
Grant Writing and Management (30% of the position’s time)
o Proactively identify and apply for new government funding opportunities
o Manage the government grant submission process including, data collection, completion and submission of proposals, reporting, and correspondence.
o Develop, interpret, and apply TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust policies and procedures for grants and projects.
o Coordinate with other team members to develop, plan, write, and submit grant proposals for new and existing programs.
o Advise, coordinate, and produce the development and writing of interim and final reports for funded programs.
o Work with program and finance teams to maintain records of activities, compliance, and budgets as they relate to reports on awarded grants.
Other duties as assigned to support department goals (5% of the position’s time)
● Minimum 3 -5 years of successful nonprofit fundraising, grant writing, letters of inquiry strong project management and grant stewardship experience.
● BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
● Demonstrated experience and knowledge working in the nonprofit sector.
● Knowledge of relevant foundation and corporate donors desired.
● Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
● Computer literacy, including experience using fundraising databases, Microsoft Office, Google Suite and online research tools.
● Self-motivated, ability to manage multiple priorities, attention to detail and deadlines.
● Basic understanding of nonprofit financial practices.
● Willingness to travel on occasion and work flexible hours.
● Positive attitude, passion for the environment and equity and team spirit.
JOIN THE TREEPEOPLE TEAM, APPLY AT: