Director of Education and Outdoor
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Beverly Hills
- Closing date
About this organization
TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
About this job
We seek an energetic, passionate, highly-organized Director of Education and Outdoor Equity to oversee the success and delivery of the education and outdoor access programs. This position will supervise program staff, lead strategic team management and program development, delivery, evaluation, improvement, and impact. This role will ensure the program teams are able to execute deliverables in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
Roles & responsibilities
- Lead, in partnership with the CEO, the strategy, vision, and implementation of TreePeople education and outdoor programs to meet the needs of the community.
- Lead the execution, improvement, and expansion of current and future education and outdoor programs.
- Devise and implement evaluation strategies to track and review program performance and determine the need for changes or improvements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that ensure safety and quality of program delivery.
- Ensure tracking data and metrics across all education and outdoor programs and provide monthly metric reports to CEO.
- Oversee any internal and external contract/funder budgets, timelines and reporting.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with TreePeople stakeholders, representing TreePeople externally, raising awareness of the needs of those impacted by TreePeople programs and cultivating community relationships to increase involvement and resources.
- Direct program managers and staff, in areas of recruitment, hiring, discipline training, orientation, and ongoing personal growth and skill improvement opportunities of staff in partnership with the Director of Human Resources. Conduct annual performance reviews and goal setting with program teams.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership establishing a culture of inclusion, accountability and impact across all programs and services.
- Work closely with members of Leadership to ensure program departments are working together across the organization to achieve TreePeople’s mission and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of management of programs and program staff experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Direct experience in a multi-faceted nonprofit organization or environment-related programs and program development strongly preferred.
- Experience hiring, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance.
- Previous experience working with volunteers strongly preferred.
- High degree of confidentiality and the ability to use good judgment and discretion in handling confidential and/or sensitive information and materials.
- Contribute to building positive team spirit and recognize accomplishments of team members; notice tasks that need to be done, ask for and offer help when needed.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills with the ability to effectively represent the agency and interface with staff, board, committee members, volunteers and other internal and external audiences, some public speaking necessary. Interpret and present numerical data and written information effectively.
- High level of personal and professional integrity, ethics, and customer service; ability to give and receive feedback and to include the appropriate people in decision-making.
- Ability to use technology to accomplish objectives including but not limited to Google Suite, Salesforce, Microsoft Office products.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong time-management is a must; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of the TreePeople team.
- Must hold a valid California driver's license, show proof of insurance, and clear an employment background check.
JOIN THE TREEPEOPLE TEAM, APPLY AT: