Middle School Tennis Assistant Coach
- 12 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in 1995, The Archer School for Girls is a contemporary girls’ school, grades 6 through 12, devoted to educating and empowering girls for leadership in the 21st century. We take a research-based approach to teaching and learning in an environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best. Archer has always been committed to reflecting the face of Greater Los Angeles. Forty-one percent of the student body are students of color and come from 76 different zip codes and 157 different feeder schools. We award $4 million in financial aid annually. Above all, Archer is known for its highly innovative programs and joyful culture. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter @ArcherSchool, Instagram @ArcherSchoolforGirls, or visit our website at www.archer.org.
About this job
Position Start Date: Feb. 20
The Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking a Middle School Tennis Assistant Coach. The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious program is founded on the latest research around how girls learn best. Archer provides a competitive athletics program that competes in the Pacific Basin League. We are looking for a qualified tennis coach who will emphasize the values of leadership, sportsmanship, and values that lie at the core of Archer Athletics.
Roles & responsibilities
We are currently looking for an experienced tennis coach with
• exemplary coaching skills at the middle school level
• strong experience in school-based athletics
• passion for teaching and learning from young people
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Be a positive role model
• Plan, direct, and administer policies for all team practices and matches 4 days a week
• Set and communicate team expectations at the start of the season.
• Design training sessions that are dynamic, engaging, and provide challenge.
• Create an environment of respect that is rooted in hard work, teamwork, sportsmanship, and championing teammates – life skills that will translate outside of sport
• Collaborate with athletic support staff to meet team needs
• Ensure proper safety measures are observed when conducting team activities
• Be responsible for the actions and conduct of the team whenever they are under your supervision
• Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competitions (set-up and break down of event)
• Attend appropriate athletic department staff meetings
• Give appropriate attention, care, and follow-up to student-athletes who are injured or ill, including filling out injury report forms.
• Experience as a youth, high school, or college-level girls’ tennis coach; expert at providing differentiated instruction to athletes of all levels.
• Be organized and demonstrate a strong desire to build the program at all levels.
• Knowledgeable of the fundamentals and techniques of tennis
• CPR/First Aid certificates preferred
Beyond competitive pay, Archer coaches enjoy working in a highly collegial, student-focused, and joyful community. We seek coaches who will contribute to an equitable and inclusive athletic environment.
Submit resumes to Kim Smith at email@example.com