Office Manager/ Executive Assistant
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in 1996, Sustainable Economic Enterprises of Los Angeles (SEE-LA) is a leading Southern California nonprofit organization, connecting people to healthy food, promoting economic development, and building sustainable food systems. We operate the largest network of mission-driven farmers’ markets in Los Angeles as well as programs that provide nutrition education, food access, and opportunities for small regional farms and local food businesses to thrive.
Our programs include:
• Operating a network of community-based certified farmers’ markets in Los Angeles.
• Piloting and championing programs that stretch public nutrition benefits for the purchase of fresh, nutrient-rich food.
• Providing extensive nutrition education programs to low-income families and to children in underserved schools.
About this job
SEE-LA is seeking an enthusiastic, organized individual to support SEE-LA’s operations by maintaining office systems in a hybrid work environment, providing administrative support to the Co - Executive Directors, and to help with a wide variety of administrative and fundraising tasks. SEE-LA currently has a growing team of 40+ office and on-the-ground support staff integral to SEE-LA’s programs. Staff work in a hybrid environment with home offices &/or accessibility to the main office for desk work, meetings, and preparation of program materials. This position will be primarily located in the main office, requires some market site visits and with the option to work from home, on occasion. The ideal candidate is passionate about SEE-LA’s mission and enjoys building efficiency through refined practices and team cohesion with a creative and kind spirit.
Compensation & Benefits
• Market competitive salary, dependent on experience
• Employer covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage upon completion of 90-day probationary period
• 160 hrs Paid Time Off / year for first two years (increases year 3) plus 14.5 Holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Option for 403b Retirement Plan
Physical Demand and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop, and kneel to install small appliances like computer equipment. Most work will take place indoors, but some work may take place outside in rainy, hot, or cold weather conditions, which may occasionally require standing for up to 2 hours or lifting up to 25 lbs. May perform related duties as assigned by management.
Roles & responsibilities
• Maintain, manage and refine office operations to ensure optimal delivery of SEE-LA programs;
• Create and maintain office files, procedures, and policies; providing training and updates to staff and volunteers as needed;
• Maintain office furniture and equipment (e.g., laptops, printer, copier, phone system) and manage inventory of office supplies and printed materials;
• Serve as the first point of contact for SEE-LA via mail, email, telephone and in person; Answering telephone calls and emails from customers and clients and directing them to relevant staff
• Oversee building maintenance and repair, and manage maintenance contracts. Includes alarm system, phone system, waste disposal, recycling, keys/locks, cleaning schedule, office opening/closing procedures; Serving as SEE-LA’s primary liaison to the facility that leases our administrative offices;
• Handle shipping and mailing via Post office, Fed Ex, UPS.
• Maintain up to date company contacts, warranties, service agreements, licenses, etc.
• Maintain online listings of farmers’ market vendors and the application process to vend in SEE-LA markets (including acceptance and rejection); ensure that required application paperwork is obtained and filed;
• Work with other administrative staff to maintain SEE-LA’s central filing system;
• Manage the organization’s solicitation of interns and volunteers, and coordinate their applications;
• Troubleshoot IT issues as they arise, managing IT vendor relationships, and acting as a liaison between team members and CMIT, service providers, software, and hardware vendors;
• Maintain SEE-LA’s website, making basic refinements and overseeing major updates in collaboration with website consultant;
• Provide administrative support to the Co - Executive Directors, including but not limited to coordinating their calendars, scheduling meetings, conference calls and travel, and processing reimbursable expenses;
• Assist Co- Executive Directors in preparing budgetary reports, board reports/agenda;
• Serve as the primary liaison to SEE-LA's Board of Directors, coordinating communications, scheduling meetings, preparing meetings materials, recording meeting minutes and arranging refreshments as necessary;
• Support fundraising efforts, particularly related to individual donor relations, and organize and participate in fundraising events (virtual and in-person);
• Maintain the Network For Good donor database, including entering donations and producing thank you letters promptly, pulling data for mailings, and producing reports;
• Assist with donor cultivation, stewardship, prospect research, events, membership.
• Assist with creating, printing, and mailing publications (e-newsletter, print newsletter, solicitation letters) to SEE-LA stakeholders in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in related field with established office management and administrative support responsibilities
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, prioritize work, and problem solving.
• Knowledge of computer systems administration
• Proven expertise with Microsoft Office, CRM platforms (Network for Good preferred), and ability to learn new software and systems quickly
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision
• Strong team player with a people focused approach to office management
• Strong organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail
• Spanish fluency a big plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: employment@see‐la.org
Email submissions only, use subject line “Office Manager/ Executive Assistant”. No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
SEE-LA makes hiring decisions without regard to gender, race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, identity, or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from groups that have been historically underrepresented.
Opportunity open until filled.
DISCLAIMER: The above is intended to describe the general contents and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.