- 8 days ago
- Employment type
- Full time
- Los Angeles/Alhambra
- Closing date
About this organization
Stratiscope harnesses the power of community to serve governmental agencies, professional associations, civic organizations, non-profits, corporations, consulting firms and community leaders. We provide community engagement, strategic facilitation and planning, government relations and policy advising, and educational programs to an extraordinary spectrum of clients in support of their missions to build, serve, and advocate for their communities.
About this job
The Events Manager will work closely with the CEO, and other staff at Stratiscope, as well as members of the various associations, event planning committees, and external organizations to develop event plans and implement fundraising events, educational events and lectures, community festivals and celebrations, association meetings, and educational conferences. There are approximately 10 events per month of varying size and scope, with just 10 events per year that have more than 100 attendees, including one with 25,000+ attendees. Most events have current plans and templates.
Roles & responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely and directly with clients to determine event goals and manage client expectations.
• Source new vendors and managing relationships with existing vendors.
• Work with vendors to get bids and determine the best fit for the budget and goals of the events.
• Negotiate and manage vendor contracts.
• Oversee and direct vendors ensuring quality of work both in advance and onsite.
• Scout and inspect event venues.
• Recruit speakers and panelists for lectures, conferences, and other programs.
• Lead and evaluate the entire production process including project deliverables, agreements, staff, decor, signage, rentals, F&B, etc.
• Lead the physical production in the field to ensure the project is produced on brand and to the client's satisfaction.
• Utilize judgment to resolve issues that arise during the event production process and on-site at client events.
• Manage budget and finances of all events. Stay within budget and ensure client oversight and agreement, including properly communicating with the client regarding budget changes.
• Interface with clients, and maintain a professional, positive attitude when dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis. Update clients on project plans and progress as well as execution.
• Provide consistent, efficient communication internally between colleagues.
• Oversee and create presentations and event recaps. Analyze and present results to clients to establish the success of set project objectives and outcomes.
• Staff/lead volunteer steering committees and work with steering committee members and other volunteers to facilitate outreach, participation, and donor engagement.
• Grow community partnerships with appropriate, aligned organizations.
• Make sound recommendations on potential sponsor involvement opportunities
• Maintain a strong proactive work ethic and congenial outlook.
• Ability to manage and execute multiple events simultaneously.
• Keep detailed notes and documentation to assist in the planning of future projects
• Manage project communications, ensuring that any issues, changes, or required performances that impact the project are documented and addressed to all relevant parties.
• Manage guest list and RSVPs.
• Be willing and able to travel for work and work evenings and weekends when necessary. • Maintain accountability for the quality of all deliverables and performance throughout the duration of the project.
• Generate, develop, and communicate event ideas, themes, venue ideas, decor, floorplan, etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor’s degree • 3+ years of direct live event production required • Event planning and logistics experience • Ability to work well with different skill sets and personal styles • Confident in program planning and developing creative engagement solutions • Exceptional communication and listening skills • Outgoing, personable, calm, and poised • Organized with great attention to detail • Comfortable with engaging high-profile executives and elected officials, as well as young professionals and emerging leaders. • Proficient in utilizing and navigating office software programs e.g. Microsoft Office Programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Google Drive; Wild Apricot; Zoom; Canva; and website content management • Ability to establish and maintain relationships with vendors, sponsors and members. • Availability for weekend/evening special events activities • California driver license PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Previous professional experience working for a non-profit, professional services, consulting group, event and public relations agency, or government agency • Experience and ability to recruit, manage, and retain volunteers • Experience with CRM systems • Spanish fluency a plus
COMPENSATION: • $75,000 to $85,000 • Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt position. BENEFITS: • Dental insurance • Health insurance • 401K match • Paid time off • Paid sick leave • Cell phone subsidy
Apply via LinkedIn