High School Administrative Assistant
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
Sequoyah School, an independent school founded in Pasadena, California in 1958, launched an innovative high school program in September of 2016. As an extension of our K-8 program, students are guided through the deep intellectual exploration of content following a student-centered, project-based pedagogy that offers relevant contexts for exploration and
opportunities for application. Furthermore, the high school program builds upon the changemaking work practiced in the K-8 program by offering a program for Social Innovation. Finally, Field Studies is a hallmark of a Sequoyah education that extends
interdisciplinary teaching and learning as students and teachers travel around California, the Southwest and PacificNorthwest, and Latin America to explore the natural world and engage with a variety of communities.
About this job
We are currently accepting applications for July 2023
12-month position | Reports to: High School Director
Compensation range - $23 to $30 per hour
Roles & responsibilities
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Reception - greet students, parents, and guests at the Main Office; answer phone calls and emails
● Attendance - manage attendance and records
● Calendars - manage master calendar and other calendars
● Communication - manage weekly events update emails to students, parents and staff; manage online resources
● Administrative records & follow-up - keep records organized; help with follow-up with action items
● Scheduling - support scheduling needs for administrative staff, including field trips/permission slips
● Visitors - oversee guest visits
● Purchases - support staff purchases and coordinate with business office
● Events - support Director of Events with logistics, including matters related to senior events and graduation.
We are seeking candidates who:
● Have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
● Have a commitment to equity and inclusion
● Have experience as an administrative assistant in a high-demand, fast-paced environment
● Have demonstrated success as a collaborator on an administrative team
● Strong organizational and workflow management skills
● Well-developed professional communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work independently
● Demonstrate history of collaborative work on diverse teams
● An interest in and openness to professional development
To apply, interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sequoyah School has a rich history of diversity and seeks candidates to enhance that tradition. Sequoyah offers competitive salary and benefits.
For more information about Sequoyah School and our hiring process, please see our website at www.sequoyahschool.org.