Order Aggregation Associate - eat! Digital Platform
- 13 days ago
- Employment type
- Non-Exempt; Full-time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in 1996, Sustainable Economic Enterprises of Los Angeles (SEE-LA) is a leading Southern California nonprofit organization, connecting people to healthy food, promoting economic development, and building sustainable food systems. We operate the largest network of mission-driven farmers’ markets in Los Angeles as well as programs that provide nutrition education, food access, and opportunities for small regional farms and local food businesses to thrive.
Our programs include:
• Operating a network of community-based certified farmers’ markets in Los Angeles.
• Piloting and championing programs that stretch public nutrition benefits for the purchase of fresh, nutrient-rich food.
• Providing extensive nutrition education programs to low-income families and to children in underserved schools.
About this job
SEE-LA is launching the SEE-LA Farmers’ Market Platform eat! at our six (soon to be eight) Certified Farmers’ Markets. The Platform, funded by the USDA Farmers’ Market Promotion Program and Healthy Food Financing Initiative, will allow for wholesale and retail pre‐order sales and delivery from SEE-LA’s markets.
The program leverages existing market infrastructure to expand direct producer‐to‐consumer sales for independent farms and ranches. The Aggregation Associate will be responsible for assisting the Program Manager and working with our technology partners to test the functionality of, pilot, and launch the platform at all SEE-LA farmers’ markets.
This position is funded for one year through a Healthy Food Financing Initiative grant. We hope to be able to continue this position once grant funding is ended, but employment after one year cannot be guaranteed.
Compensation & Benefits
• Employer covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage upon completion of 90-day probationary period
• 160 hrs Paid Time Off / year for first two years (increases year 3) plus 14.5 Holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Option for 403b Retirement Plan
Roles & responsibilities
• Receive and organize orders from vendors and support the platform developer with managing, fulfilling, and maintaining order aggregation and delivery services for the platform at SEE-LA’s
Farmers’ Markets, and provide feedback on aggregation process to platform developer and Program Manager.
• Develop an expertise in the functionality of SEE-LA’s digital platform to help customers and vendors trouble shoot issues when needed.
• Promote platform in person to vendors and customers at SEE-LA’s Farmers’ Markets.
• Capture photos and video for Social Media (Instagram feed, stories, TikTok, etc.) based on provided guidelines.
• A minimum of (1) years of relevant experience, preferably in an order fulfilment role.
• A working knowledge of online food retail operations, experience working with small-business owners, and/or past experience owning a small business utilizing online sales technologies.
• Proficiency with social media and other technology platforms.
• Experience managing multiple tasks in an organized and detailed manner, and working on a team or independently when needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Multilingual; Spanish proficiency strongly preferred.
• Experience fulfilling, packing and delivering orders.
• Experience working in community food systems especially those within the Los Angeles area.
• Experience working with underserved, low-income communities with awareness and integrity.
• Experience conducting or assisting with surveys and assessments
Please submit cover letter and resume via email, fax or mail to:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: eat! SEE-LA Order Aggregation Associate)