Operations Associate VISTA
- 25 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Rainbow Labs is a nonprofit with a mission to embolden Queer and Gender Nonconforming Youth to discover, curate, and experiment with the elements of a fulfilled life through community building and the lived experiences of mentors. We are launching a new kind of youth programming for QGNC youth by QGNC youth. Youth aged 12-18 will have access to different types of mentoring activities throughout the year. Youth development professionals and mentors both conduct activities virtually and in person.
About this job
Are you interested in gaining professional experience, empowering communities, and making a lasting difference? Join The Rainbow Labs team for a year and serve as an AmeriCorps VISTA! In partnership with schools and after school programs across Los Angeles County, Rainbow Labs offers free mentoring programming for LGBTQ+ youth ages 12-18. The Operations Associate- VISTA service will start October 25 and will run to September 30, 2023. VISTA’s will be expected to work 40 hours per week and will work from home about 75% of the time.
The Operations Associate VISTA will be an essential member of the team for this growing nonprofit organization. The VISTA will support the program team to streamline summer programming and create new and innovate ways to engage youth, community members, and potential partners.
AmeriCorps VISTA Program
The Operations Associate- VISTA is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service, Up2Us Sports, and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. The Up2Us Sports VISTA project builds the capacity of host-site organizations working to end the cycle of poverty through intentional youth sports and education programming. The Up2Us Sports VISTA Operations Associate will be placed at Rainbow Labs to streamline a series of after-school programming (both in person and online) seeking to mentor and support underserved Queer & Gender non-conforming youth ages 13-17. The VISTA member makes a , full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps program visit americorps.gov.
• In return for their service, Americorps VISTA members receive a modest living allowance of $975 Bi-weekly
• Health Benefits during service
• Non-competitive eligibility for qualified government jobs the first year after completing service.
• Upon completion of service, choice of Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,495.86 or cash post-service stipend of $1,800.
• Professional development through weekly trainings, skills learned in service, experience in a nonprofit environment.
• Reimbursement for cell phone usage
• Relocation Benefit- For relocation over 50 miles $750 relocation benefit plus mileage.
Roles & responsibilities
• VISTA will review current program systems and operations, and work with the Program Operations team to address anything that should be updated to ensure more streamlined, smooth processes.
• VISTA will create and implement a community engagement plan. They will act as the Community outreach specialist to recruit, engage and deploy needed volunteer in the community and will also work with the entire staff on rolling out an implementation plan.
• VISTA will work with the program and development team to research local partners that have similar initiatives
• Passionate commitment to Rainbow Labs mission and vision
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional writing skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• High degree of initiative and spirit of service
• 18 years old or older
• A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• have access to the Internet and a computer/tablet
• Start Date: October 25th
You can complete an application online https://forms.gle/2mvniiDdxK4XiSUd6. Please be sure to upload your Resume and Cover Letter for the Operations Associate VISTA position.