Director of Development
- 18 days ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Pickles Group is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide free peer-to peer support and resources to kids affected by their parent or caregiver’s cancer. We believe every family navigating a parent or caregiver’s cancer deserves an equitable opportunity to heal and thrive. Read our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access.
About this job
We’re hiring a founding Development Director to work with our Executive Director and Board to establish and execute a first-in-class development strategy. Chicago or Los Angeles location preferred, but all qualified U.S.-based candidates are encouraged to apply. Remote work from home or co-working space with frequent travel for in-person events. Our Executive Director lives in LA and our flagship program is in Chicago.
Roles & responsibilities
Develop and Execute Pickles Group’s Annual Fundraising Plan: You’ll work with our board, Executive Director, and advisors to review our existing fundraising strategies and optimize our annual fundraising plan to leverage our existing base of support, strengths, and areas of opportunity. You’ll design and execute a strategy to raise $750K in revenue in 2023. This strategy will engage new and existing individual donors through annual and monthly giving, and secure foundation and corporate contributions.
○ Grow our annual revenue from $649K in 2022 to more than $750K in 2023
○ Improve our Annual Donor retention rate from 25% to 30% in 2023
○ Manage our Donor Data via NeonOne
○ Develop and Manage Ongoing Donor Relationships
○ Draft Compelling Donor Communications
○ Produce and Distribute Our Annual Report
○ Plan and Execute Donor Gratitude Opportunities
○ Develop future year revenue goals, development metrics, and strategies
Be an Entrepreneurial Team Player: We are a small, innovative start-up nonprofit. There is strong demand for our services. We are growing and evolving quickly. We have an all-hands-on deck approach. You, like the rest of our founding team, will contribute to all aspects of our work, big and small, within and outside of our functional area. You will be working in a remote environment (from home and in the field) using Google Workplace and Zoom. To succeed in this role, you must be responsive to emails, texts, and calls. You will work frequent evenings and weekends, which work best for our donors, families, and board for events and programs, with opportunities to take other weekdays off.
Center Equity, Inclusion, and Access:
You’ll bring an equity focused lens to your work.
You will value different perspectives, ways of being, abilities to contribute.
Who You Are
● Strong relationship builder
● Effective at communicating verbally and in writing
● Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and effective at managing your time
● Flexible and entrepreneurial
● Experienced working with diverse and marginalized communities
What Would Be Great to Bring
● 3 years of fundraising and development expertise
● A proven record of fundraising success
● Experience with database and/or customer relationship management systems
● Experience and interest in managing people: staff, interns, and/or volunteers
● A personal connection to our mission
Please send the following in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line that reads (exactly as written): Development Director – Application. We request your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions (in no more than one page, 11 point font):
○ How did you learn about this opportunity?
○ Why are you interested in our work and mission? How do you connect personally?
○ What does our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access mean to you? [available here: https://www.picklesgroup.org/diversity-inclusion]