- 17 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in June 2002, Partners In Diversity, Inc. is a 100% women owned and operated enterprise. We are a full service recruiting and staffing firm providing a complete range of front and back office employment solutions.
Our scope includes Administrative/Clerical, Financial, Information Technology and Professional Personnel. Our client base consists of a variety of industries including federal, county, state and local agencies; non-profit and commercial companies. From 2015-2021 the Los Angeles Business Journal named Partners In Diversity, Inc. one of the Top 100 Women-Owned Businesses.
About this job
The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Epidemiologist. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Epidemiologist will assist with administrative efforts and plan, design, implement, evaluate, and manage health-related surveillance systems, epidemiologic studies, and field investigations.
Roles & responsibilities
The duties of the Epidemiologist, include, but are not limited to:
• Investigating influenza and RSV associated deaths
• Reviewing and closing investigations for non-COVID respiratory illness outbreaks in the community
• Sentinel laboratory surveillance data management
• Coordinating highly pathogenic avian influenza contact monitoring
• Weekly reporting to CDPH
• Arranging for testing of symptomatic individuals as needed
• Using vital statistics data to update weekly PIC figure creation
• Updating Flu and COVID attributable death model estimates
• Create weekly and seasonal surveillance reports (Flu and COVID watch) using Power BI
• Data Management of influenza and RSV electronic lab reports, management of the community participatory surveillance project Angelenos in Action
• A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in epidemiology or its equivalent and three years of experience assisting in the design, conduct, and evaluation of epidemiologic studies and field investigations -OR- A doctoral degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in epidemiology or its equivalent -AND- one-year work experience as an epidemiologist; and
• A valid Class C California Driver’s License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com