Associate Director of Engagement
- 27 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The Los Angeles-based Paciﬁc Council on International Policy (paciﬁccouncil.org) is an independent, nonpartisan organization committed to building the vast potential of the West Coast for impact on global issues, discourse, and policy. Since 1995, the Paciﬁc Council has hosted discussion events on issues of international importance, convened task forces and working groups to address pressing policy challenges, and built a network of globally minded members across the West Coast and the world.
The Paciﬁc Council’s activities in Los Angeles – conferences, speaker events, task forces, working groups, and delegations – offer a forum for the creation and exchange of ideas and tools to advocate for sound global policy. The Council is governed by a Board of Directors. Dr. Jerrold D. Green serves as President and CEO. As a West Coast organization focused on international affairs, the Paciﬁc Council applies signiﬁcant energy to making an impact through programs and projects with special resonance for our region of the world.
About this job
The Paciﬁc Council on International Policy seeks an Associate Director of Engagement who can (1) cultivate and grow an engaged and informed member community; (2) lead educational programming that aligns with the Council’s mission, vision, and values; (3) oversee communications strategy, bringing a storytelling lens to the membership and events experience at the Council. The Associate Director of Engagement will serve as lead administrator of the membership and events program.
This person will be responsible for overseeing activity on a range of programming that supports the organization’s mission and strategy. They will engage in projects at varying stages of development and are responsible for co-designing and implementing the organization’s communications strategy as well as administering the Council’s membership and events (i.e. “engagement”) program. The Associate Director will support the Vice President of Engagement as they build new programs, develop synergies between events and membership, and coordinate resources across the organization to ensure strategic alignment and increase social impact.
Our ideal candidate will be a polished communicator with ﬁve or more years of project or event management experience, knowledge of membership organizations or community management, and deep understanding of the international relations field and / or expertise in public policy and administration. The Pacific Council on International Policy has an evolving program structure, and our engagement team members are generalists who work across various projects – this Associate Director of Engagement role supports the Vice President of Engagement and will help oversee two staff members and a team of contractors.
Roles & responsibilities
Program Design and Management
- Develops and implements processes to ensures engagement team’s efforts align with constituent needs and social impact activity across the organization.
- Develops targeted outreach efforts to underrepresented groups within the Paciﬁc Council’s community, in accordance with the organization’s DEI values and efforts
- Supports development of organization’s annual operating plan; serves as principal creator of annual department action plan; monitors and reports on progress toward goals regularly.
- With support from department team, develops and monitors annual engagement program
- Oversees program ROI and KPI-related
- Cultivates strong relationships with current and potential Paciﬁc Council
- Serves as a bridge between engagement and initiatives / social impact functions at the
- Oversees quarterly or bi-annual new member recruitment events and
- Oversees communications campaigns for and oversees implementation of annual membership renewal cycle(s) in conjunction with business operations staff.
- Designs and implements virtual and in-person event
- Leverages professional contacts to recruit policymakers at the highest level for Paciﬁc Council educational events.
- Serves as lead architect on annual PolicyWest Conference, annual Gala, and annual events
- Continually audits membership and events processes, suggesting innovation based on broader events and membership market.
- Oversees event logistics, including vendors, venues, food & beverage, and guest
Communications & PR
- Develops annual marketing strategy for Pacific Council events and
- Provides strategic-level program overviews and marketing content; in coordination with department and contract team, designs annual marketing themes for organization and aligns event and membership activity behind them.
- Designs year-round event, membership, and storytelling campaigns in alignment with organization’s mission, values, and ﬁve-year strategic plan.
- Oversees narrative and copy for Paciﬁc Council website, annual report, and constituent
- Manages media relationships on behalf of the
- Leads program-related fundraising
- Proactively and productively engages with peer and partner organizations on shared
- Serves as liaison between Engagement Team and Board Advisory Committee(s) as
- Engages in the local Los Angeles community and brings best practices, leads, and shared industry knowledge to the organization.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project, event, or nonproﬁt program management.
- Knowledge of membership organizations or community engagement methods.
- Deep understanding of the international relations ﬁeld and/ or expertise in public policy and administration or business administration.
- Track record of developing and implementing community events.
- Proactive; ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to manage fast-paced and high-stress situations.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Big-picture thinking and vision.
- Strong conﬂict resolution skills and problem-solving ability.
- Proﬁciency with Salesforce or another customer relationship management software.
- Employee must abide by USC’s COVID-19 protocols at all times.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary range: $78,000 - $85,000 commensurate with experience. Pacific Council offers the ability to work hybrid. Must be based in Southern California.
- Pacific Council is part of USC and has excellent beneﬁts, including health beneﬁts for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition beneﬁts for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; centralLos Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains and buses.
- Pacific Council on International Policy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities that we serve. See more here: https://www.pacificcouncil.org/inclusivity
- Envision Consulting was retained by Pacific Council On International Policy in their search for an Associate Director of Engagement.