Urban Forestry Manager
- 14 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
NET is a community-based, non-profit organization that helps heal environmental injustice through urban forestry, nature-based design-build, habitat restoration, and workforce development. Our work in underinvested communities in Los Angeles County helps to build climate resiliency through stewardship, planting, design, and community engagement.
About this job
The Urban Forestry Manager is expected to possess excellent organizational, communications, time management, and leadership skills; a working knowledge of urban forestry; experience working with diverse groups including disadvantaged communities, youth, government entities, and various stakeholders.
Roles & responsibilities
The Urban Forestry Manager must maintain a positive attitude at all times and accept a high level of responsibility and accountability for bringing projects to completion within agreed upon timelines and budgets. Expected is the capable management of crews, volunteers, and community groups. Reliability and quality of work will be emphasized.
• ISA Certified Arborist
• Minimum 2 years prior urban forestry experience
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Google and other database programs.
• Experience with GIS
• Ability to organize and prepare documentation in a timely manner.
• Strong commitment to working within multicultural communities.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communications skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in the team process.
• Self-directing and the ability to work independently as required.
• A valid Class C California Driver License, access to personal vehicle and driving record clearance.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
• Physical requirements: vision to inspect written documents, ability to communicate (hearing and speech) with NET staff, clients, and public; sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time; bending, kneeling, and reaching; and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
Information and application form at https://www.northeasttrees.org/work-with-us