- 7 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The mission of Maternal Mental Health NOW is to remove barriers to the prevention, identification and treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders in Los Angeles County.
About this job
The Training Coordinator is responsible for supporting the administrative, technical and communications functions, including the award and management of Continuing Education Units, of Maternal Mental Health NOW’s Training & Technical Assistance Program, which builds the capacity of medical, mental health and social service providers in Los Angeles County and beyond to screen, refer and treat perinatal mood and anxiety disorders through in-person, live virtual and self-paced online trainings, consultation groups and conferences. This is currently a remote job, however candidates must live within or close to Los Angeles, CA. The Training Coordinator reports to the Director of Training and works in close collaboration with Communications & Events Coordinator as well as the rest of Maternal Mental Health NOW’s staff.
Roles & responsibilities
Event Organization & Communications (40%)
- Maintain a database of and manage communication with training clients, event registrants, Advisory Committee members and other key stakeholders;
- Oversee and handle coordination, scheduling, and logistics of all in-person and online trainings, webinars, consultation groups, committee meetings, conferences and other training events, including securing a venue, speaker communication, event registration, attendee support, invoicing, etc.;
- Support marketing efforts of Maternal Mental Health NOW’s training offerings, webinars, consultation groups, conferences and materials to individuals and institutions through word-of-mouth, networking and other means.
- Represent Maternal Mental Health NOW at networking events, conferences, etc.;
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
Technical Support (30%)
- Manage the administrative functions of Maternal Mental Health NOW’s online training program including user registration, reporting and troubleshooting;
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting at in-person and online trainings (as needed);
- Continually evaluate procedures to monitor and analyze course effectiveness and make updates as needed;
- Enter evaluation data into SurveyMonkey and organize collected data for analysis;
- Track and report on training outcomes, providing feedback to program participants and management
Continuing Education Unit Management (25%)
- Manage the process of applying for and awarding CE for synchronous and asynchronous training events;
- Award certificates of completion and/or CE (continuing education units) certificates for all trainings;
- Prepare annual report to the American Psychological Association for CEs awarded, including organization of event agendas, speaker biographies, marketing materials, evaluations, etc.;
- Assist in the preparation of the biannual CE application to the American Psychological Association;
- Conceptualize and implement policies and system for awarding CEs for trainings organized by third parties.
Strategic Planning & Program Development (5%)
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning of the training department;
- Contribute to annual training department budgeting process;
- Report on key metrics and benchmarks on a monthly basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field;
- Advanced project management skills
- Minimum 2 years professional workplace experience (preferably remote)
- Highly organized and tech-savvy
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet software
- Ability to use a variety of online meeting and training platforms including Zoom, GoToWebinar, Whova, SurveyMonkey, etc.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems & SCORM a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/27570f9982b14ab580d2a86a67ae60f7-training-coordinator-maternal-mental-health-now-los-angeles