LADF Director, Development
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Los Angeles, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF), established in 1995 and significantly reimagined in 2012, is a leading model for philanthropy and community engagement. With the goal of reaching all of Los Angeles and to be a model for sports teams worldwide, LADF is bigger than baseball. Focusing on education, health care, homelessness, and youth development, LADF has ambitions to be the city’s premier charity. LADF has invested more than $40 million in programs and grants to nonprofits, and fundraising has increased by 1,000% since 2012. LADF was awarded ESPN’s Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year (2020), Beyond Sport’s Sport for Reduced Racial Inequalities Collective Impact Award (2020), and the Aspen Institute Project Play Champion (2020), and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Sports Award (2021).
About this job
LADF is in the midst of an exciting period of growth and seeks a Director of Development to lead all aspects of the Foundation’s fundraising. Working closely with the CEO, the Director of Development is responsible for leading the development team and driving the fundraising function of the foundation across grant-based giving, individual giving, in-stadium giving, and events.
Title: Director, Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Pay Rate: $115,000 - $140,000
(Compensation rates vary based on job-related factors, including experience, job skills, education, and training)
Roles & responsibilities
- Working in collaboration with the CEO, set the annual development strategy and priorities for LADF, which includes identifying approaches for dividing and handling donor outreach and cultivation across all fundraising activity.
- Serve as the primary driver of LADF’s fundraising and management of corporate, foundation and individual gifts, including donor identification/research, asks, reporting, and stewardship.
- Lead all fundraising events in partnership with third-party consultants (i.e. Blue Diamond Gala, LADF 5K/10K run, board fundraisers, fan-based events, campaigns, etc.).
- Establish day-to-day expectations and priorities for the Development Team, engaging cross-functionally with other leaders in the organization and overseeing three full time staff members - Manager, Development (sponsor/donor/prospect management), Supervisor, Development (in-stadium fundraising) and Senior Coordinator, Development (development operations).
- Oversee the Manager, Development to manage the deliverables of all LADF sponsors, donors and prospects.
- Oversee the Supervisor, Development to coordinate and execute in-stadium fundraising (50/50 raffle, ribbon boards, online auction, silent auction, sweepstakes, message boards, retail and customer service), in addition to 40-50 part-time Game Day staff, 5-7 part time Associates and consultants assigned annually.
- Supervise the Senior Coordinator, Development, to provide administrative and logistical support for all aspects of the Development department, including data and event support.
- Ensure that accurate and timely data and records are maintained in Salesforce. Identify, craft, and maintain effective systems for the organization’s management of Development activities.
- Provide regular reporting on the Development function’s activities.
- Serve on LADF’s Functional Leadership Team, which includes the CEO, COO, CPO and other Director-level team members across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Mission driven: strong passion for and dedication to LADF’s mission, programs, and values.
- Proven experience directly raising significant funds in a nonprofit and/or foundation setting (minimum $2 million budget).
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-pronged development operation, including large-scale fundraising events, major gifts, sponsorships, and foundation giving.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team preferably consisting of 3-5 direct reports.
- Experience navigating the Los Angeles philanthropic community, including relationships with donors, partners, or sponsors.
- Ability to work in partnership with a CEO, COO and/or CPO to manage donor relationships collaboratively.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience using data to drive development efforts and using systems to ensure effective communication and accessibility to the cross-functional team that contributes to the development effort.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule, which includes nights, weekends, and some home games
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking the link, select "apply now", you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.