Database and Gift Processing Specialist
- 10 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The Library Foundation of Los Angeles provides critical support to the Los Angeles Public Library resulting in free programs, resources, and services available to the thousands of adults, children and youth in Los Angeles. We accomplish this mission through fundraising, advocacy and producing innovative programs that strengthen the Library and promote greater awareness of its valuable resources.
We recognize that libraries are bigger than buildings and more than books, and we are eager to build on our past success by continuing to identify opportunities to help the LAPL thrive as a responsive, resilient, and dynamic institution that meets the evolving needs and improves the lives of Angelenos all across the city. In our work we reinforce our core values, including empathy, curiosity, accountability, adaptability, high achievement, learning, and collaboration, and we prioritize upholding justice and equity in the workplace. In addition to fostering an active DEIJA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Accessibility) committee, we are dedicated to providing professional development, centering team building, and mirroring the welcoming and inclusive environment of public libraries. We love ideas, learning, and making an impact–and are looking to recruit colleagues who share these passions.
About this job
Position: Database and Gift Processing Specialist
Salary: $30-$33/hr, depending on experience ($62,400-$68,640/yr annualized)
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full-time, on-site
Reports to: Director of Advancement Services
Benefits: Excellent benefits including paid medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, 13 paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave policies
The Database and Gift Processing Specialist serves a key administrative role in the Advancement Services operations of the Library Foundation of Los Angeles. The role manages gift processing and acknowledgement for the LFLA, as well as provides support toward managing the donor database system (Raiser’s Edge NXT) alongside the Advancement Services team. As such, we seek someone who is detail-oriented, tech savvy, and possesses strong organizational and communication skills.
Roles & responsibilities
Advancement Services (70%):
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge database, including but not limited to gift entry, audit/update biographical information and constituent codes, create new appeals, funds, and campaigns, manage event modules, etc.
- Create and update gift funds, appeal codes, campaigns, event registrations in RE NXT
- Liaise with Accounting team to ensure smooth crossover of data from RE NXT to Financial Edge NXT; perform bi-monthly accounting reconciliation duties
- Ensure general maintenance of LFLA memberships/honorary memberships, including acknowledgement letters, membership cards, data reports, and bookplate requests.
- Process and record credit card, check, and cash gifts; provide tax receipts for all gifts
- Record wire and stock gifts
- Maintain records for pending payment issues, expired cards, unsigned checks, etc.
- Update and maintain major donor files and Board files with major gift documentation and other correspondence as needed
Fundraising Administrative Support (30%):
- Staff LFLA events when needed; occasionally help with planning event logistics
- Provide support to the CEO, SVP, and Board Liaison with tracking Board giving and maintaining Director records
- Perform additional duties, including working some evenings and weekends, as required
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Requirements:
- LFLA requires all employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations as determined unless a reasonable accommodation is approved
- This position is full-time on-site. Occasional requirements include interacting with employees, donors, vendors and others who may or may not be vaccinated or recently tested. You may be required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE) required by the LA County Department of Public Health protocols and the LFLA
Apply with resume and cover letter through the link provided.