Annual Giving and Membership Manager
- 20 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The Library Foundation of Los Angeles (LFLA) provides critical support to the Los Angeles Public Library resulting in free programs, resources, and services available to the hundreds of thousands of adults, children, and youth in Los Angeles. We accomplish this mission through fundraising, advocacy, and producing innovative programs that strengthen the Library and promote greater awareness of its valuable resources.
Our Core Values include:
Collaboration – Respect and communication build successful teams.
Adaptability – We welcome change.
Empathy – Our work is defined by caring for others.
Partnerships – We do our work by building bridges.
Learning – Learning builds community and enables growth.
Accountability – Each of us is responsible for our individual and team goals.
About this job
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and Membership, this position will be responsible for managing the implementation of LFLA’s dynamic Membership programs, annual and seasonal fundraising campaigns, Membership events, and stewardship opportunities. Priorities include donor management, major event planning, email marketing, and managing relationships with talent and key stakeholders.
This is a hybrid role; flexible schedule with some remote work, some on-site work at various locations, including the Central Library in Downtown Los Angeles. Work must be performed in or near Los Angeles, CA.
Salary: $62,400-$65,000 per year
Roles & responsibilities
- Manage the annual giving fundraising calendar, keeping track of priorities and deadlines
- Manage LFLA’s Membership renewal processes, mailings, communications, and acquisition efforts
- Collaboratively implement the vision for LFLA’s seasonal and year-round fundraising campaigns
- Assist in the development and management of department records, promotional materials, and reports
- Work with Advancement Services for data mining and reporting, as well as producing accurate and timely donor recognition
- Utilize donor database to track event sponsorships, year-round Membership growth, and performance of seasonal fundraising campaigns
- Work closely with Events Director to coordinate major fundraising events, including the Young Literati Annual Toast
- Support the development of new Member opportunities, incentives, benefits, and partnerships
- Oversee check requests and maintain annual budgets
- Cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with Members and key stakeholders
- Plan, promote, and produce successful Membership and cultivation events (4-6 per year)
- Manage event sponsorships, budgets, donor recognitions, and facilitate on-site Membership sales
- Manage and assist with major events and special fundraising or donor cultivation opportunities
- Develop and manage relationships with entertainment talent year-round for engagement with donors and LFLA events
- 3+ years in a non-profit fundraising, annual giving, or membership role
- 1+ years event planning/execution experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database is preferred
- Thorough attention to detail, commitment to accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively solve problems as needed
- Experience with design software (Canva/Photoshop) preferred but not required
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for events when needed (with advance notice)