- 17 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Incorporated in 1983 as a 501 (C) 3 non-profit organization, Latino Resource Organization, Inc. (LRO) has been providing a variety of social services to communities in the Greater West Los Angeles areas. Headquartered in the West Los Angeles, LRO serves 2,500 people annually. LRO operates as a community grass-root resource center where families can reach out to secure basic needs.
About this job
The Financial Coach is responsible for providing and implementing services under the City of Los Angeles FAMILYSOURCE CENTER Contract. The Financial Coach will provide one-on-one financial coaching services in-person and remotely to accomodate customer needs. This positon requires in person work Monday-Friday. Services shall include, but not be limited to financial empowerment and asset building programs in savings, debt reduction, credit building, and banking. The financial coach will also arrange for the provision of curriculum-based financial literacy training and training modules that expose customer to financial concepts, terminology, and money mangement strategies.
Roles & responsibilities
Provides intake and financial well-being assessments
• Conduct a minimum of 3 individual, one-on-one coaching sessions that are a minimum of 30
minutes each and include the completion of at least one milestone or action step in each session
• Create an Action Plan with each cutomer to ensure the customer is working toward their selfidentified, financial goals
• Incorporate services into the customer service plan in partnership with the case manager,
including case conferences and disussions
• Implement customer retention and engagement strategies to help customers achieve their
• Collaborate with Intake/Data Entry to ensure all documentation is complete and entered into the
• Participates in community outreach activities and Special Events year round, including food and
• Participates in events and projects assigned by CIFDLA
• Connect and link client/family to FSC program and activities, and other LRO – WLA FamilySource
Center services, and community resources to assist with meeting goals of improving Family
income and Academic Achievement.
• Meet and maintain caseload productivity requirement to meet program contract objectives.
• Oversee and cultivate relationships with specific internal and external partnerships and
programming activities assigned by Supervisor
• Completes required program documentation, client files, case notes, and reports with accuracy
and attention to detail.
• Engages and participates in regular staff meeting and trainings.
• Initiate crisis intervention when crisis related incidents occur with clients or families at WLAFSC.
Bachelor Degree in Finance or BA degree in a related field from accredited university.
• 4 years of experience or certification in Financial Coaching
• 1-2 years of experience providing financial coaching services to low-income community in
• Must be able to work with diverse populations.
• Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org