- 27 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
KDI is a non-profit design and community development organization. We collaborate with under-resourced communities to advance equity and activate the unrealized potential in neighborhoods and cities. We accomplish this mission through advocacy, research, planning, and built works.
We have been recognized for our innovative approach to participatory design by notable institutions such as Architectural League of New York, World Resources Institute, MIT, The Rockefeller Foundation, United Nations-Habitat, The California Endowment, Ashoka Changemakers, Smithsonian Institute, IDEO, The Atlantic Renewal Project, and Swiss Re Foundation.
About this job
Kounkuey Design Initiative is currently looking to hire a talented and highly motivated Controller to handle the accounting for its US-based operations. Reporting to the Managing Operations Director, the Controller will be involved in strategic financial planning and responsible for financial recording, reporting, and planning. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with strong analytic, organization, and communication skills.
KDI is a multinational non-profit entity which focuses on combating poverty, environmental degradation, and social isolation, primarily in the US and Kenya. The organization has over 40 staff members on three continents, including designers, planners, engineers, community organizers, program specialists, and operations staff.
- Benefits Package including 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid time off.
- Salary: 85-90k commensurate with experience
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, with flexible schedule options
Roles & responsibilities
As the Controller, you will be responsible for all financial aspects of the company and supervising staff as needed. In addition, the Controller is responsible for the following:
- Handling accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, treasury management, and general ledger accounting.
- Completing a timely, accurate, and efficient accounting close on a monthly basis.
- Performing budget-to-actual reporting and analysis on completed projects and those in process.
- Forecasting cash flow needs.
- Reporting of operational data to key members of the leadership team.
- Creating periodic reporting packages for the Board of Directors.
- Managing the annual financial audit process conducted by an outside firm.
- Developing, analyzing, documenting and implementing internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Strong bookkeeping skills.
- Highly experienced in Budget-to-Actual reporting.
- General ledger and other accounting systems experience (Quickbooks).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience.
Please send electronic copy of a cover letter and resume to: LAJobs@kounkuey.org
Subject heading: Controller: [Your Name]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or medical condition. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.