- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Justice for My Sister trains women of color, nonbinary folks and foster youth in filmmaking with a gender equality and racial justice lens. Using a trauma-informed approach, we seek to provide artists of various ages and skill levels to transform stories marked by pain into stories of liberation. Our organization is led by queer women of color who are survivors of gender-based violence. Read more about our commitment with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at justiceformysister.org/dei-statement.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive mworkforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
About this job
We are looking for an experienced arts administrator to oversee our day-to-day operations and programming, to ensure that our activities are aligned with our organizational mission, vision and growth strategy.
Job Compensation and Payment schedule:
This position is full-time. Salary is $60,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience. Eligible for benefits. Payroll is every two weeks.
This position has a trial period of 90 days.
Roles & responsibilities
Main responsibilities include coordinating daily operations, internal and external
communications with students, partners and stakeholders, supervising administrative staff,
contractors, and volunteers, overseeing various administrative duties including requirements by our fiscal sponsor, and overseeing logistics and deliverables for clients.
Organizational Growth (35%)
- Supervise daily operations, including follow-up and documentation of existing programs.
- Supervise staff and payroll.
- Evaluate administrative staff progress and performance.
- Oversee events planning calendar, including promotional assets, links, and outreach.
- Implement, document and evaluate systems and team workflow to continue the
development of best practices that better serve our community.
- Support the development of new services and trainings, including marketing strategies to
- Partnership development: Identify potential partnerships and opportunities to grow
fee-for-service structure including research and planning meetings for collaborations and
- Support the Executive Director in the organization’s business plan and strategy.
- Draft quotes for video production clients.
- Write grant proposals and support grant writer in authoring proposals.
- Grant reporting.
- Coordination of paperwork for grants, clients, and funders with fiscal sponsor Community
- Tracking of grants status.
- Ensure consistent messaging across all platforms, including social media presence,
newsletters and cross-promotion.
- Provide market analysis to keep our menu of services, sponsorship deck and
promotional videos relevant and reflective of our organizational voice and brand.
- Implementation of events and promotional work calendar- managing event invites,
questions from attendees and sponsors.
Program Supervision (10%)
- Attend staff meetings to track both Teaching Artist and student progress, and provide
guidance to our team.
- Supervise volunteers/interns as needed.
- Support instructors as needed to track graduate progress and keep an up-to-date
document with student impact.
- Coordinate job placement for our graduates.
- Research on representation of women, girls, nonbinary folks in the media.
- Outreach to elected officials and stakeholders about trauma-informed storytelling.
- Collect surveys and carry out research for industry status report.
Professional Development (2%)
- Participate in nonprofit management trainings on program impact, metrics, and data
collection provided by Center for Nonprofit Management, Mockingbird Analytics and
- Co-author Annual Report with ED.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team while maintaining a high level of efficiency and professionalism.
- Versed in negotiation, budget management, team-building, and setting expectations clearly.
- High level proficiency with G-Suite including Google Drive (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Proficiency in a CRM system is a plus.
- Experience tracking progress and reporting back to funders. Please be prepared to share prior work (reports, grants, etc) in the interview process.
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working with vendors and budgeting (via Excel/Google Sheets).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a wide variety of people, nonprofits, and companies.
- Work style that is accessible, flexible, decisive, and supportive.
- Strong personal diplomacy, including a highly professional temperament and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with nonviolent communication, to meet people where they are, with a trauma-informed approach.
- Experience working with creative artists, entertainment industry showrunners and writers is a plus.
- Experience working with survivors of gender-based violence, Spanish-speaking migrants, and foster youth is a plus.
- Commitment to social justice, civil rights and civil liberties, and the accurate and authentic representation of all communities in pop culture.
- Video production experience is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter of your interest in this position and resume to
We highly encourage vaccinated individuals to apply, as the role requires on-site interaction with
vulnerable community members and our partners require proof of vaccination.