- 21 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Hollywood Cinema Production Resources – or Hollywood CPR for short – is a non-profit organization founded by IATSE local 44 member Kevin Considine with a 25-year history of training students to start working in key, union-recognized, entry-level positions. The organization’s mission is to offer individuals from underrepresented communities career opportunities through hands-on training in marketable entertainment industry trade skills. It offers vocational education across 15 trades and skills required for crew jobs in the artists, crafts, and technicians’ departments of the entertainment industry including set dressing, grip, set lighting, costume, camera and set painting.
About this job
The Office Manager supports the President, Executive Director, Program Coordinator, faculty, and students. They are responsible for clerical and logistical duties including intake, scheduling and record keeping. Must be extremely detail oriented and able to prioritize changing demands, while making sure the needs of the organization are being met.
Roles & responsibilities
1. Assists President, Executive Director and Program Coordinator with day-to-day tasks.
2. Manages databases in Excel and Airtable.
3. Assists students with enrollment and logistics.
4. Performs general office duties, such as answering telephones/emails, scheduling meetings, and giving information to callers, taking messages, or transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
5. Maintains and updates the www.hollywoodcpr.org website, as needed.
6. Handles incoming mail and outgoing mail.
7. Handles materials preparation, printing, and assembly for trainings, board meetings, and presentations.
8. Handles facility logistics and room preparation for meetings and in-person classes.
9. Assists faculty with online classes; acting as classroom aide in virtual classes, assisting with online grading and posting of quizzes and assignments.
10. Attends meetings; taking notes, distributing meeting minutes, as needed.
11. Provides general administrative support.
12. Filing and general office organization.
13. Other duties, as needed.
● Must have an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
● Minimum of 2 years of relevant administration/office manager experience and/or training
● Proficient in MS Office computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
● Some creative background preferred.
● The ability to work from home- Zoom experience as host and co-host.
● Excellent skills with MAC & PC.
● Must be proficient in ALL GOOGLE platforms- including DRIVE; GOOGLE DOC/SHEETS
● Experience managing contact databases in AIRTABLE or comparable platforms
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail
● Strong oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
● Self-starter, willing to take initiative
● Willing to work in a hectic on-set, production-style environment
● Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 30 pounds
● Must possess a valid driver's license and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
● Shows initiative, good judgment, creativity, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
● High degree of ethics and integrity
● Must be willing to submit to a background check
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position and why they are passionate about Hollywood CPR’s mission to firstname.lastname@example.org.