- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Fundamental is a boutique consulting firm that works with individuals, families, and organizations, to help them use their resources (financial and otherwise) to build a more just and equitable world. The firm takes an innovative approach to making social change—one that involves mapping new trends, collaborating with thought leaders, developing and executing on impactful grantmaking strategies, and devising creative solutions to complex problems.
About this job
We are seeking to add a full-time Program Associate to our Los Angeles-based office. Fundamental is currently working in a hybrid model. All candidates should be located in the Los Angeles area.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, identities, and perspectives come together with common purpose. We strongly encourage people from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in philanthropy – including those who identify as Black, Indigenous, people of color, LGBTQ+, and those from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds – to apply.
This team member will serve as an ambassador for our company and clients and work across multiple client accounts, collaborating with other members of the Fundamental team on all aspects of programmatic and operational support.
Roles & responsibilities
- Sourcing and conducting programmatic and financial vetting of potential grantees partners for clients (including but not limited to multi-generational family foundations and private foundations)
- Requesting, reviewing, and responding to inquiries and proposals
- Building relationships with key grantee partners and stewarding those relationships with care
- Managing active grants, assessing their progress, and reviewing and synthesizing reports for Senior Program Officers
- Creating or co-creating all materials relating to the grantmaking process (preparing grant recommendation memos, board meeting presentations, research briefs, talking points, and other materials for client meetings)
- Conducting research, providing analysis, and building issue expertise in support of client projects
- Assisting with foundation communications (website, e-newsletter, ad, branding etc.)
- Supporting Senior Program Officers and senior leadership in creating and executing grantmaking strategies
- Working with the grants management and operations team to manage and track program areas budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years’ experience working for social change
- Strong background in at least one or more of the following issues areas preferred: Journalism, narrative and storytelling, organizing and advocacy around important social justice issues, the arts and artists, or U.S. politics and government
- Proven ability to deliver results and meet deadlines as part of a fast-paced office environment
- Strong writing and research skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize large numbers of tasks efficiently and effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams), Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat and Zoom; comfortable working on a Mac; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, Salesforce, Squarespace, WordPress, and Mailchimp software a plus
We are seeking an individual who:
- Is passionate about social change and building meaningful, long-term relationships with colleagues and partners
- Works best in a fast-paced, relationship-driven culture that values creativity and iteration, and is comfortable with changing course and re-prioritizing as necessary
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment and has a collegial spirit in sharing ideas and receiving constructive feedback
- Loves to learn and brings an abundance mindset to all challenges
- Takes initiative and is extremely resourceful
- Communicates effectively with a diverse, dynamic and partially remote team
- Gets the job done with limited staff support
- Anticipates needs before others ask
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality
- Is comfortable working in a hybrid model for the indefinite future
Salary is commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000. This is a full-time non-exempt position. A generous compensation package includes medical, dental and vision plans, a 401k plan, paid vacation and sick days, and more.
Fundamental Philanthropy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Fundamental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fundamental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us via telephone at 310-314-8393.
Please email your resume to Andrea Sorin at email@example.com.