Deputy Director, User Support
- 21 days ago
- Employment type
- Sacramento (remote)
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) is looking for a user support professional to lead the day-to-day operations of the specialized team that provides virtual, individualized support to a diverse group of users utilizing CaliforniaColleges.edu with K-12 students.
The California College Guidance Initiative streamlines the college planning and application process for California students and helps colleges access the information they need to inform key decisions about admission, first-year academic placement, financial aid, advising, and supportive services. The Deputy Director, User Support will provide strategic leadership to User Support and Training Managers who resolve help tickets that require troubleshooting Californiacolleges.edu issues, responding to questions, and fulfilling requests related to the college and career exploration tools, resources, and curriculum.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative leader who has a knack for problem-solving, knowledge of user support best practices, and implementing streamlined processes for help ticket management. They should have knowledge and/or interest in supporting the needs of students, educators, and parents. To be successful in this role, you must be able to collaborate with other subject matter experts on a project-management basis.
We work to solve large scale, system-level problems. You must be comfortable working with unknowns and ambiguous solutions, as well as passionate about promoting public education and advancing educational equity.
Roles & responsibilities
- Leading and empowering a team of User Support and Training Managers who
- Investigate and resolve user issues on general CaliforniaColleges.edu functionality.
- Triage nuanced CaliforniaColleges.edu functionality user issues to the appropriate specialized teams.
- Iterating instructional guides and resources related to CaliforniaColleges.edu functionality and access.
- Maintaining high standards for the tracking and visualization of data in Salesforce so that it can be used to drive decision making.
- Improving the User Support team’s internal processes for help ticket management and resolution.
- Develop and maintain protocols that ensure the User Support division functions efficiently.
- Model giving and receiving feedback via a non-violent communication model to improve team performance and work product.
- Experience investigating and troubleshooting user issues.
- Minimum of two (2) + years of experience coaching and managing the work of a small team.
- Ability to gather, analyze, synthesize, and present both quantitative and qualitative information effectively.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred, or similar Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong decision-making skills and collaborative spirit, with the ability to take abstract brainstorming and generate concrete proposals for action.
- Advance projects without detailed supervision, balancing multiple responsibilities and providing colleagues with actionable proposals for advancing collective efforts.
- Commitment to coaching and mentoring a team by providing and receiving direct feedback, modeling vulnerability, and leading with professionalism and kindness.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Juggle multiple projects of various scopes with ease and grace.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of professionals.
Go to https://www.cacollegeguidance.org/who-we-are/careers-opportunities/
Find “Deputy Director, User Support” and follow the directions to apply.