Grant Writer (PT)
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of EmpowHer Institute is to empower girls and young women in marginalized communities by giving them the skills necessary through education, training, and mentorship to become confident, college and career ready.
We envision a world where every girl is provided the opportunities and resources to: embrace the
power of her voice; make informed decisions about her body and future; break generational cycles of
poverty; contribute to the creation of an equitable society.
EmpowHer Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. EmpowHer Institute will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ individuals encouraged to apply.
About this job
Want to use your writing and fundraising experience and skills to make a difference in the lives of teen girls in Los Angeles County? Do you have a commitment to gender equity and racial justice? Are you a go getter who is skilled in and has a track record of successful grant writing? Do you thrive in high energy, collaborative, and supportive work environments where you are encouraged to embrace the “art of the possible?” This just may be the job for you!
EmpowHer Institute is seeking a Part-time Grant Writer. In this small and emerging
organization, the Part-time Grant Writer will lead efforts in researching, writing and submitting compelling and creative grant proposals. The Part-time Grant Writer will report to and work in partnership with the Development Director (DD) to meet the organization’s fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate is one who is committed to the mission and vision of EmpowHer Institute, has a dynamic personality, is creative, is comfortable around diverse stakeholders, believes in collaboration, and has excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Part-time (5-20 hrs a week) Non-Exempt: $30 per hour
- This is a remote position.
Roles & responsibilities
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the requirements of the RFP.
- Submit timely proposals to the Development Director and Executive Director for approval.
- Meet required grant proposal deadlines.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with funders and other stakeholders.
- Maintain grant records and submit timely grant reports.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent writing, organizational, computer and oral and written communication skills. Experience working within a diverse and inclusive work environment. Experience working with diverse populations and marginalized communities. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment. Light lifting (Up to 20-40 lbs.).
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in grant writing for nonprofit organizations
- 2+ years of experience working with/for marginalized communities and a clear understanding of culturally inclusive language when writing
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- Strong research skills and knowledge of informational sources
- Must have exceptional multitasking, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Knowledge of donor CRM systems a plus
- Must pass LiveScan criminal background check facilitated by the LA County Department of Probation within the first 30 days of employment
- MUST show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination at time of hire
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and grant writing sample to Dawn L Brown, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: PT GRANT WRITER. Applications without cover letter, resume, and writing sample will not be considered.