- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of EmpowHer Institute is to empower girls and young women in marginalized communities by giving them the skills necessary through education, training, and mentorship to become confident, college and career ready.
We envision a world where every girl is provided the opportunities and resources to: embrace the
power of her voice; make informed decisions about her body and future; break generational cycles of
poverty; contribute to the creation of an equitable society.
About this job
Want to use your fundraising experience and skills to make a difference in the lives of teen girls in Los Angeles County? Do you have a commitment to gender equity and racial justice? Are you a go getter who is skilled in building relationships and has a track record of successful fundraising? Do you thrive in high energy, collaborative, and supportive work environments where you are encouraged to embrace the “art of the possible?” This just may be the job for you!
EmpowHer Institute is seeking a full-time Development Director. In this small and emerging organization, the Development Director will lead fundraising efforts as EmpowHer continues to grow. He/She/They will be responsible for creating and executing the development plan, developing relationships with key public and private funding stakeholders, writing grant proposals, manage development staff, and donor cultivation.
The Development Director will report to and work in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) to meet the organization’s aggressive 2-year fundraising goals (FY 2022- $1.4M, FY 2023 - $2M).
- Full-time Exempt: $70,000 starting salary
- Benefits include paid holidays, sick, and vacation leave, Simple IRA with employer match, medical, dental, vision, and a range of professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- EmpowHer Institute® is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- This position is a hybrid of remote and in-person.
Roles & responsibilities
- Develop and execute EmpowHer’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from public and private resources, including individuals, foundations corporations, etc
- Manage the DonorPerfect CRM and provide supervision to the support staff member who is responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and corporate sponsors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Support Events Producer in acquiring sponsorships for annual events
- Manage a PT Grant Writer and support in editing and sometimes writing grant proposals
- Develop and track grant proposals and reports through GrantHub software system
- 3+ years of experience in fund development
- 2+ years of staff supervision
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Comfortable speaking publicly with large and small groups
- Knowledge of donor CRM systems (DonorPerfect preferred)
- Must pass LiveScan criminal background check facilitated by the LA County Department of Probation
- Must submit negative TB test results
- Must submit proof of COVID vaccination at time of hire
- Must be collaborative, creative, and a determined go getter who is unafraid to ask for money and does not get knocked down by the answer “no”
- The ideal candidate is one who is committed to the mission and vision of EmpowHer Institute, has a dynamic personality, is creative, is comfortable around diverse stakeholders, believes in collaboration, and has excellent interpersonal communications skills.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample of a previously written grant proposal (no more than 3 pages) to Dawn L Brown, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR. Applications without cover letter, resume, and writing sample will not be considered.