Manager of Office Operations
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Dream A World Education (DAWE) was founded in 2008 and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2009. Through Secrets of the Heart® proprietary programming, DAWE provides children with high quality arts experiences that are grounded in social-emotional learning, equity and inclusion and honor diverse cultures and traditions. Secrets of the Heart® programs are delivered digitally and, in Los Angeles County are taught on-campus by professional Teaching Artists.
About this job
Position Overview: The Manager of Office Operations will oversee operations, including administrative duties, tech management, inter-departmental programs, and bookkeeping. Assist with launching and managing new programs and support the Executive Director on all matters related to organizational growth and well-being. You will have the opportunity to contribute your talent to fulfilling the mission and vision of an organization that is impacting children’s lives with innovative programming.
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary & Benefits: $52,000 per annum, Medical Benefits package or Health Insurance stipend, two weeks paid vacation
Location: 80% works from home, 20% includes onsite at DAWE office, or on school campuses. Candidate should live in the greater Los Angeles area.
Designation: Full-time, non-exempt position
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am-3:30 pm, and must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
Estimated Start Date: Last week of August 2022
Roles & responsibilities
• Administrative and program support for Executive Director including assisting with budget development; preparing invoices, receipts, and bank deposits; interacting with donors, Teaching Artists, school representatives, vendors, and community partners; and supporting programming and development departments as needed.
• Assist with planning and implementation of virtual and in-person fundraising and special events.
• Support Board of Directors activities: Manage correspondence, meeting calendar, agenda, minutes, reports, new member packets, etc. Attend board meetings.
• Manage and create record keeping/document management systems both onsite and virtually including monitoring inventory of supplies, marketing materials, tech support and troubleshooting equipment.
• With Development Department guidance, research prospective new government, corporate, foundation, and individual donors and maintain Grant Calendar updates.
• Coordinate conference participation and travel. Attend occasional conferences.
• Collaborate with other staff on various projects/tasks.
• Maintain inventory records at storage facility; meet Teaching Artists to distribute program supplies, equipment/drums when necessary for school workshops.
• Role may evolve with other responsibilities as assigned.
At Dream A World Education, we welcome and value people from all backgrounds. We are committed to equal employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
DAWE follows the COVID protocols established by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. • Ability to successfully pass a TB screening test. • Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence. • Must have ability to pass criminal clearance background check. • Must have a valid California driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Skills, Qualifications, Requirements:
• Commitment to the Dream A World Education mission and interest in the arts. Bachelor’s degree in business, management, arts administration, or education preferred.
• Demonstrated success with minimum 3 years of administrative/office management experience; creating and managing budgets particularly with nonprofit organization.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to solve problems creatively with sound judgment and decision-making. Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Professional customer service orientation: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a variety of people at all levels. Highly collaborative.
• Proactive, flexible, and resourceful with strong work ethic and good sense of humor.
• Strong experience with online technology including Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, Quickbooks, G Suite (Google Calendar, surveys, etc.), Calendly or scheduling program, Zoom and other video platforms. Knowledge of donor database management (DAWE uses Little Green Light-LGL), Doodle Polls, Wordpress, Canva, Quark are a plus and can be learned on the job.
• Experience developing social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Tik-Tok and other emerging platforms).
• Spanish proficiency a plus.
NO HARD COPIES OR PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Manager of Office Operations.