- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Destination Crenshaw’s mission is to improve the quality of life and revitalize the economy in South Los Angeles through arts and culture. As one of the largest Black communities west of the Mississippi River, Destination Crenshaw is an unprecedented community-led project that will celebrate the 200+ year history of Black activism in L.A. Through education, arts, and culture, Destination Crenshaw (DC) will cement itself as a cultural hub to facilitate economic security and entrepreneurship for residents as a place-keeping and community building.
About this job
The Community Canvasser will provide community engagement and organizing services to envision and execute engagement projects. Help lead DC’s efforts to deeply engage the local community in the Crenshaw district in an effort to generate input on improvements so that these improvements are community-informed. Broaden and deepen engagement through a culturally relevant engagement approach in this predominantly African American neighborhood.
This position is part-time and reports to the President & COO of Destination Crenshaw.
Roles & responsibilities
● Execute an outreach and engagement plan that is inclusive of and appropriate for the Crenshaw district
● Cultivate and build relationships with community leaders and members including neighborhood residents and stakeholders, local businesses, places of worship, schools, and school groups
● Generate input about Crenshaw district enhancements through community engagements, tabling, presentations, focus groups, and other tactics
● Develop and promote events and activities
● Regularly communicate with the President & COO to report on input and feedback from the community
● Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
● Please outline in your cover letter how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the Community Canvasser position.
Only those being considered will be contacted. No phone calls, please.