- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Who We Are
At Catalyst California, formerly Advancement Project California, we transform racial injustice and redesign systems for access and equity. We do this by shifting and building power with movement leaders in communities of color who are making real change. With the collective impact of community, data, and policy, we make the California Dream inclusive and available to all.
About this job
The Finance Associate is a non-exempt position with primary responsibilities to analyze financial needs, analyze expense data and past expenditures. In addition, the Finance Associate is responsible to develop grant budget proposals and reports, track budget activity, develop expenditure forecasts, assist in projections of financial status, and advise the Chief Financial Officer of possible over-expenditures or problems to ensure sound, accurate fiscal practices, and policies. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Roles & responsibilities
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Support with the development and periodic revisions of the Catalyst California office budget and annual/multi-year projections of expenditures and budget balances in coordination with the Chief Financial Officer and department leads.
• Coordinate the development of specific grant budgets and budget narratives that provide the appropriate line-item crosswalk between QuickBooks and the funder's specific budget line items.
• Support the Development Department in preparing funder-required and contract compliance financial reports.
• Manage and implement all contractual invoicing for the organization's services to third parties.
• Support for accounting activities, including accounts payable and file management.
• Assist the Finance Department with the monthly corporate credit card reports and reconciliation.
• Perform other general administrative duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Candidate profile, skills, and abilities
• Familiarity with foundation grant budgets is a plus.
• High computer proficiency and comfort, including proficiency with QuickBooks and MS Office
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
• Great analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Superb organizational and time-management skills.
• Commitment to equity and an inclination to work with a staff focused on civil rights, equity, and social justice.
Please send an email with the subject title “Finance Associate Application” that includes an attached cover letter, and resume as one PDF attachment titled first name_ last name_FA.pdf (e.g., Jane_Doe_ FA.pdf) to:
Human Resources Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone interview
• Two-panel interviews
• Reference Checks
Catalyst California is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive staff team. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ, women, people with disabilities; and/or formerly incarcerated people.