VP of Operations
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Carson, California
- Closing date
About this organization
Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson’s Mission:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson (BGCC) offers our young people a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves, dedicated adult mentors who respect and listen to them, and outcome-based programs that empower youth to become lifelong learners.
About this job
The VP of Operations will be responsible for managing overall performance of sites and employees of BGCC, with the primary concern for ensuring consistent standards for programming and service delivery, training materials for staff, community relations and membership administration, etc. The VP of Operations directly supervises Senior Director of Program Services, Senior Director of Operations, Human Resources, and NYOI Data and advises them in the areas of volunteers, site management, personnel issues, budget development, and programs.
Roles & responsibilities
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
• Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the Directors of Program Services, Sr. Level Directors and administrative support team.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Oversee Human Resources to ensure compliance, appropriate staff training and development.
• Establish and monitor day-to-day operations collaboratively with Sr. Directors to establish staff performance and development goals, assign responsibilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach; assign responsibilities, set objections; establish priorities; uphold a culture of accountability; and monitor and evaluate results.
• Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, standards, and procedures.
• Serve as an ambassador and advocate for a diverse and equitable work environment.
• Support the development and implementation of innovative inclusive programs that align with the three priority outcomes.
• Align DEI initiatives with business strategies.
• Ensure that The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board.
• Provide analytical support to The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson’s internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities
• Support fund development efforts and work in partnership with the VP of Development to complete agency wide proposals.
• Support Sr. Director of Programs with coordination, integration and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partner, and other stakeholder are consistently met.
• Support Sr. Director of Operations in ensuring all school site programs comply with LAUSD policies and procedures as well as monitor safety implementation action plans.
• Support the annual budget process in conjunction with the finance department.
• Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with CEO to review/provide information, strategize, discuss issues, and advise/counsel. Maintains regular contact with Human Resources, VP of Finance, Sr. Directors, and Staff.
• External: Maintain and develop relationships with schools, Beyond the Bell, vendors and organizations that contribute to BGCC daily operations.
• May assist in the administration and planning of programs by overseeing program operations and ensuring the completion of required reports in compliance with BGCC and other entities.
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role.
• Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations.
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
• Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical administration initiatives.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson’s board of directors, and staff.
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
• Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID
• Able to critically think, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Passion for The Boys & Girls Clubs’ mission
Visit our webpage and complete interest form, you may also apply through Indeed or email your resume and cover letter directly at HR@bgccarson.org