- 26 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
At Aviva we are committed to lifting up and amplifying the voices of the families we serve – most of whom experience the systemic racism that continues to grip our nation. Aviva will continue to be a beacon of hope and voice for the children and families we serve. We are committed to advancing equity and inclusion in all aspects of the work we do.
As such, Aviva has established a Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (JEDI) which meets twice monthly to strategize JEDI initiatives. There is a large movement of companies of all sizes and across industries to make diversity data open. Aviva’s JEDI Committee agreed that looking at our own workforce diversity data and then sharing this information with all Aviva employees was a great first step. This data will guide us in making diversity goals for the agency.
About this job
The Volunteer Coordinator will schedule and manage resource activities that provide a comprehensive range of culturally sensitive rehabilitative and educational programming to youth and families in our Aviva and Los Angeles community in order to promote skill acquisition, empowerment and self-sufficiency. In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator will head Aviva’s volunteer engagement program, including volunteer programs/workshops at Wallis House.
Roles & responsibilities
• Coordinate and Manage Family Resource Center (FRC) activities in the following program areas:
o Digital Media Lab
o Expressive Arts & Sewing Center
o Clothing Closet
o Yoga Studio
o Culinary Arts
o Work Force Development (Independent Living Services)
o Parent Support Groups
o Wallis House
o FRC Events
• Speak to community groups, organizations, and county partners, schools, corporations, and individuals to generate interest and promote Aviva programming engaging in volunteer opportunities with Aviva.
• Participate in Agency wide meetings as appropriate to ensure Aviva program supervisors and direct service staff are informed about FRC activities
• Successfully recruit and secure clients/youth to participate in FRC programming
• Be sensitive and responsive to the cultural differences among the agency’s client populations
• Actively participate in quality improvement projects
• Partner with the Aviva research department collecting data for outcome measures and program reviews
• Assist in researching and identifying grants and MOUs for potential program partnerships
• Recruit, train and manage FRC volunteers on an on-going basis (and other agency volunteers on an as needed basis) and develop innovative strategies to motivate and retain them. Responsibilities include:
o Screening, interviewing, and securing references for new volunteers.
o Developing, maintaining and utilizing the CRM database and volunteer files, track volunteer hours and submit data for agency wide reporting
o Host on-going orientation and trainings to support and grow the volunteer program at Aviva.
• Manage all logistics with receiving in-kind donations and maintain Aviva’s storage rooms, ensuring they are organized and safe
• Execute Aviva’s annual Holiday Drive, engaging volunteers and donors for participation
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s in Social Work, Psychology and or a related Behavioral Science Degree from an accredited University or College and two years of professional experience in the field of social work, behavioral science or social science. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
• Three years’ experience at an agency providing social services to children or families. Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
Please visit our website and apply online