Sr. Executive Assistant, Director and President
- 19 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures furthers the understanding, celebration, and preservation of cinema through inclusive and accessible exhibitions, screenings, programs, initiatives, and collections. Welcoming visitors from Los Angeles and around the world, the Museum works in active partnership with motion picture artists and specialists, scholars, staff, and diverse communities to contextualize and challenge dominant narratives around cinema, inspiring discourse, connection, joy, and discovery.
About this job
Reporting to the Director and President of the Academy Museum, the Senior Executive Assistant will provide a full range of high-level services in support of the Museum’s initiatives. This includes project and office management, maximizing the effective operation of the Executive Office with respect to workflow, scheduling, staffing, budget, communications, and events. We are seeking a well-organized, detail-oriented, proactive, resourceful, and efficient individual who can anticipate needs and work cooperatively with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
Roles & responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Director and President of the Academy Museum, handling special projects and ad hoc incoming requests as they arise.
- Develop internal and executive communications, including executive presentations/decks and messaging guidance, tailoring content and concepts based on audience.
- Coordinate Town Hall and Department Heads meetings.
- Manage heavy calendars, interacting internally and externally to coordinate a variety of executive meetings. Attend meetings and manage follow up accordingly.
- Serve as a liaison to the Executive Office, establishing and maintaining relationships while ensuring confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
- Create prep documents for meetings of the Director and President.
- Coordinate travel for the Director and President.
- Write key letters and other correspondence for the Director and President.
- Maintain Executive Office files and CRM.
- Provide support to the Director and President of the Academy Museum at events throughout the year.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years supporting a c-suite executive in the film industry or related.
- Experience working discreetly and professionally with high level executives, VIPs, membership, and Board of Governors.
- Project management experience with demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in priorities and schedules while working under high pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. CRM preferred.
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities to lead fact-based decisions and solutions.
- Demonstrated high level maturity and trust in working with all levels while managing confidentiality without exception.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and maintain composure in high-stress situations.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Other Requirements:
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required, including any booster vaccinations as applicable.
- Our Benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- PTO and Sick Time
Please apply directly to our site.