- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Long Beach
- Closing date
About this organization
At Able ARTS Work, we believe music and art are vital tools to liberate and transform lives. Our guiding philosophy “Love before Learning” ensures that each and every person is welcomed and cherished as an individual, and has opportunities every day for self-expression, personal growth, and joy. For 40 years Able ARTS Work has been providing creative arts services and opportunities for marginalized communities in particular Individuals with developmental disabilities as well as children and adults who are interested in inclusive art exploration.
About this job
Reporting to the Office Manager, the HR Generalist, People Operations will provide and support people operations administrative processes. As a collaborative partner that supports staff and management, you will be the first point of contact for human resources-related questions. In collaboration with the COO, the HR Generalist will implement, develop, and create policies and procedures to maintain a workplace where employees can feel safe, engaged, inspired, and productive.
Full-Time | Monday- Friday 8:00-4:00
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off: personal and sick
- Paid Holidays
- 403(B) retirement plan
Roles & responsibilities
GENERAL HR DUTIES :
- New staff onboarding
- Change of employment
- Conducts Termination including paperwork
- Notices to employees
- Accurately completes bi-monthly payroll
- Answers employee requests and questions related to timecards, HR policies, and procedures.
- Paperwork and coordination for leaves of absence
- Employee exit paperwork
- Unemployment claims management
- Uploads and maintain staff information on HR Bamboo
- Maintain OSHA logs
- Handbook Updates and Compliance and IIPP book, rollout updates to employees
- Assists with preparation, disbursement, collection, and submittal of appropriate benefit documents, as well as researching and answering questions as necessary
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
RISK MANAGEMENT INCLUDING WORKERS COMP :
- Submit, review, and follow up on Workers Comp claim files and documentation.
- Lead the Safety Committee team and works with the administrative team to ensure a health and safety plan is developed and implemented. Schedule and organize safety committee meetings, and maintain records regarding all research, training, and safety committee meetings.
IMPLEMENTATION OF HR STRATEGIES & POLICIES:
- Maintain employee files - Ensures documents are filed in appropriate employee personnel files, including independent contractors, maintains files in compliance with established company policy, and prepares new employee files.
- Orientations for new hires, organize 30-day benefit offer, 90-day benefit offer, reviews 90-day evaluation, field questions regarding benefits, orientation processes of new employees/interns
- On-site support for employee relations including investigations
- Compliance with Federal, State, and Local Employment Laws/Regulations
- Support Program Managers with policy information, counseling sessions, write-ups, and review
- Assist in the development and in the communication of established human resources policies and procedures
- Maintenance of all HR-related databases, as well as research projects
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 2+ years of human resources support experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to navigate and learn various software
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Commitment to equality, representation, and inclusion.
Apply on LinkedIn or submit your resume and application here: https://www.jotform.com/ASD1982/employmentapplication