In honor of international podcast day we thought we'd share some of our recommendations for social impact podcasts. What are some of your favorites?
- Inside Social Innovation with SSIR - The official podcast of the Stanford Social Innovation Review, the award-winning magazine written by and for social change leaders from around the world, features conversations and lectures with leaders in various fields. From discussions on topics such as ethical blockchain and communication strategy to reflections on grant competitions and design thinking, this podcast is a great resource for those interested in hearing from experts on a wide range of issues.
- Global GoalsCast - This podcast is anchored in the 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development world leaders agreed to in 2015, covering issues of hunger, health, education, climate change, and more. Episodes feature stories of how people are working toward achieving these goals and where we currently stand on our progress.
- Tiny Spark - For a little change of pace, Tiny Spark is a podcast founded by Amy Costello, who previously reported for NPR, PBS, and the BBC. In addition to in-depth interviews with leaders in the nonprofit, philanthropic, and international aid sectors, this podcast also includes investigative reporting on nonprofits and nonprofit issues such as inequalities in crowdfunding, the need to scrutinize “big philanthropy", and the difficulties of tracking aid money.
- Good Life Project - Inspiration matters, and that's what this podcast aims to provide you with. Episodes come across as intimate, unfiltered conversations with iconic leaders like Brene Brown, Elizabeth Gilbert, and Seth Godin, who share their own stories about living a purposeful life. Ultimately, the podcast hopes to invite listeners into a community that supports each individual quest to live meaningfully.
- There Goes the Neighborhood - Lastly, here's a podcast filled with local issues facing Angelenos. This eight-part series by KCRW explores hot-button topics relevant to Los Angeles County including homelessness, gentrification, and increasing urban density.