We’ve got access to the information that every Angeleno needs to make an impact. Our blog features the latest LA2050 news, announcements, features, happenings, grantee updates, and more.
Double Your Impact with LA2050 this Giving Tuesday!Posted
Today, in honor of Giving Tuesday, we're matching donations made via the LA2050 Ideas Hub!
Over the past nine cycles of the LA2050 Grants Challenge, almost 1,800 organizations have submitted bright ideas for a better Los Angeles. These ideas are preserved on the LA2050 Ideas Hub, a searchable database of all previous applicants and their submissions.
In celebration of these impactful local organizations and the dedicated Angelenos that support them, we're matching $10,000 in donations made via our website, up to $100 per donor.
Participating is simple – just head to the LA2050 Ideas Hub and give to the organization(s) of your choice using the Pledge donation form. We'll take care of the rest.
You pick, you give, and we match. Just like that, your donation is doubled!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How do I find an organization to give to for the LA2050 match?
1. Visit the LA2050 Ideas Hub and search for an organization using keywords, the organization's name, or issues you care about such as “homelessness," “parks," or “voting." You can also browse organizations using the provided categories.
2. Select an organization in the search results to learn more about its work. Browse until you’ve found the organization(s) you’d like to support.
3. If the organization is a nonprofit active in the Pledge donation platform, then you'll see a blue “DONATE” button below their organization information on the left. Click the button to be routed to the Pledge donation form to make a one-time or monthly donation. At this time, donations are accepted only by credit card.
4. Check your email for a confirmation from Pledge that your donation was received and review the information to make sure it's correct.
5. It’s that easy – your Giving Tuesday donation has been matched!
What is Pledge?
Since 2019, we’ve been partnering with Pledge to power donations to non-profit organizations on the LA2050 Ideas Hub. Pledge creates innovative fundraising technology that empowers people, companies, and nonprofits to support the causes they care about and uplift communities everywhere. Thanks to Pledge’s commitment to #FreeTheFee, 100 percent of donations through their fundraising tools go directly to nonprofits – with no credit card or platform fees.
How will my gift be matched?
Your gift will be processed by our partners at Pledge, and matching funds from the Goldhirsh Foundation will be added on a first-come, first-matched basis. Only donations made via the LA2050 Ideas Hub will be eligible for matching funds.
How much will be matched?
The Goldhirsh Foundation will match up to $100 in donations per person. The match will be turned off once $10,000 in total donations have been made. (Or, if $10,000 has not been allocated before December 15th, 2022 at 5:00 pm, the match will conclude at that time.)
You can connect with @LA2050 on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter for updates.
Can I donate to more than one organization?
Yes, please do! Matching funds will be applied to your gifts until you reach your limit of $100. (So, if you make a $40 gift to one organization, a $40 gift to another organization, and a $40 gift to a third organization, the Goldhirsh Foundation will match $40 for the first two gifts and $20 for the third gift).
Can I give more than $100 total?
Yes, certainly! We're only matching that first $100 per person, but if you have the means, there are so many great organizations that could use your support to discover via the LA2050 Ideas Hub.
Is the match $10,000 per organization?
No, the match is a combined $10,000 available to all eligible nonprofits on the LA2050 Ideas Hub. It is not $10,000 per organization.
If I donate on the organization's website, will it still be matched?
No, only donations made via the LA2050.org site using Pledge will be matched.
Are matching funds available to organizations not listed in the LA2050 Ideas Hub?
No, only organizations listed in the LA2050 Ideas Hub are eligible for matching funds.
How does an organization get added to the LA2050 Ideas Hub?
Organizations are included in the LA2050 Ideas Hub if they have applied to the LA2050 Grants Challenge. The next open call for applications is expected to open in Spring 2023. Sign up for the LA2050 Newsletter to be notified about the next Grants Challenge.
I found an organization in the Ideas Hub, but I don't see a donation form. Why is that?
At this point, we are only able to facilitate donations to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that are in good standing with the IRS. If you don't see a donation form on the page, it could be for the following reasons:
- The organization is a government, for-profit, or 501(c)(4) organization. At this time, we do not have a way to make donations to these types of organizations. You can feel free to contact the organization directly to donate.
- The organization has gone out of business or merged with another organization.
- We do not have complete data for the organization and are not able to facilitate a donation at this time.
If your organization believes that your LA2050 Ideas Hub page should have an active donation form and does not, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I know my donation was received?
You will receive an email confirmation from Pledge within a few minutes of donating. Please review this email and make sure everything looks good. Please contact Pledge for any changes or help with your donation.