We are now relying on digital services more than ever. Here's a brief list of tech tools and resources that are being offered for free or at a discount:
- LinkedIn has a free remote working learning path that can help you and your team learn how to be productive, stay connected, and optimize your remote environment.
- Loom, a video communication tool, is extending all free trials of Loom Pro to 30 days, reducing the price of Loom Pro to $5/mo, and removing the recording limit on their free plan – all through July 1, 2020. Loom Pro is also free for teachers and students at a K-12 school, university, or educational institution.
- G Suite will enable free access to advanced Hangouts Meet features, including recording meetings to Google Drive, live streaming for up to 100K viewers within domain, and allowing up to 250 participants per call for larger meetings – all through July 1, 2020.
- Microsoft Office 365 is extending its E1 free trial, which includes Microsoft Teams, to 6 months.
- Zoom is lifting the 40-minute meeting limit on free Basic accounts for schools, and offering Clever districts unlimited teacher accounts, no time limit on virtual class sessions, single sign-on via the Clever Portal, and support for PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, iPads, Android phones, and iPhones through July 1, 2020.
- Grokker, an on-demand wellbeing platform that features instructional videos on yoga, fitness, cooking, and more, is offering individuals and businesses free access through April 30, 2020.
- Charter is offering free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K12 and/or college students who don't already have a Spectrum broadband subscription.
- Kahoot! is providing schools and higher education institutions with free access to Kahoot! Premium for the remaining months of the academic year.
- Adobe is offering students free access to Adobe Creative Cloud through May 31, 2020, making their web-based PDF services free through May 31, 2020, allowing individuals to use Adobe Portfolio for free through May 15, 2020, and more.
For more resources in response to COVID-19, check out our article compiling all the local resources we're aware of.
If you know of other resources, please submit them through this form.