We’ve got access to the information that every Angeleno needs to make an impact. Our blog features the latest LA2050 news, announcements, features, happenings, grantee updates, and more.
Housing and Utility ResourcesPosted
- The Los Angeles Emergency Rental Assistance Subsidy Program will provide a temporary rent subsidy for tenants who live in the City of LA and are unable to pay rent due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible tenants are those whose household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income ($83,500 for a family of 4). Check https://hcidla.lacity.org for more info and to monitor the application window, expected to open in July.
- For help writing a letter that notifies your landlord (1) that you are struggling financially and (2) that the federal stimulus likely does not allow them to evict you use this website.
- The Los Angeles Tenants Union is providing support around evictions. Find your local union at: https://latenantsunion.org/en/locals/
- If you are or know of a foster youth that is staying at a college dorm room that is going to be closed due to the coronavirus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will provide or help you find housing during this transition.
- LOW-INCOME INDIVIDUALS/INDIVIDUALS EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS AND FAMILY: St. Francis Center provides meal services, clothing closets, showers/bathroom services, and rental and utility assistance programs (over the phone) for homeless and low-income individuals in Los Angeles. ( For more information, click here!)
- Southern California Energy Responds to COVID-19 Emergency, Suspends Service Disconnections
- SPECTRUM Internet - Offering 60 days of free wifi for low income families.
- Verizon will help customers and small businesses disrupted by impact of coronavirus
- Charter COMCAST - Free Internet Service for Households with Children - To enroll: 844.488.8395
- Los Angeles Department of Water & Power still offering payment plan and suspending utility shut off for March
- AT&T is providing mobile Wi-Fi hotspots and free wireless internet service for impacted K-12 students