- LA County's "Let's Feed LA" portal connects those in need of food to those who can help.
- For the closest food pantry/bank to you, visit Los Angeles Food Bank Pantry Locator
- Community Services Unlimited is assisting people in applying for Calfresh (aka food stamps) by phone. If you or anyone you know is recently unemployed, experiencing shortened hours, is a student, or experiencing other issues that impact your ability to buy food, call to make an appointment at (213) 746-1216 or email [email protected]
- Every Table is offering free delivery and food distribution for seniors who need food brought to their homes, students, and food distribution centers. If you need 10-10,000 meals, reach out to Everytable at (323) 458-6487. For more info, click here!
- Hollywood Food Coalition is providing nightly, packaged takeaway meals. Location: 5939 Hollywood Blvd, LA CA 90028. Phone number: (323) 462-2032. Hours: Monday through Sunday 6:15 pm - 8:00 pm.
- Expensify is offering reimbursements for up to $50 in groceries for families enrolled in SNAP
- WIC clinics under South Los Angeles Health Projects will remain open and will be remotely issuing participants food benefits onto their WIC cards to avoid families from going out given our COVID19 pandemic. For those families that have not yet gotten the new WIC card and wish to locate the nearest WIC clinic to them, please visit: http://www.slahp.org/wic-centers-by-city/
- Check out this list of restaurants that are offering markets to buy groceries at this time.
Children and Youth Specific (0-17):
- The City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks
The City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks offers FREE lunches to kids and teens ages 1 through 18* at over 100 parks starting June 10, 2019 - August 9, 2019. https://www.laparks.org/foodprogram
- Los Angeles Food Banks will be offering Grab and Go Meals for Summer Lunch 2020 at a total of 22 locations. Starting Monday, June 1 through August 20, all children are welcomed to participate in Grab and Go breakfast and lunch. Please click the link to see locations: https://www.lafoodbank.org/programs/children/summer-lunch/
- Starting June 16 – August 7*, customers ages 18 and younger can visit one of 24 participating libraries and pick up a free nutritious meal. Lunches are available for pickup Tuesday – Friday, 12 – 1 pm, while supplies last. (*No lunch is available on July 3.)
- Dashboard of LA County student meal distribution centers
Click here to return to the full directory of Los Angeles area COVID-19 resources, services, and opportunities to make a difference.