It's time again for the My LA2050 Grants Challenge and we've made a few changes for 2020 that we're happy to share with you:
- More time to work on your application. This year the application will be open for eight weeks (February 3 - March 27). We hope this extra time will give you more time to find collaborators, partners, and big ideas.
- Winners will be selected via a two-step process. First, 25 finalists will be selected by our external evaluation committee. Those 25 finalists will then move on to public vote, which will determine final award levels.
- We've selected Social Venture Partners Los Angeles to serve as our external evaluation partner. All proposals will be reviewed, scored, and evaluated by members of SVP Los Angeles.
- Each of the 25 finalist organizations that participate in voting will receive a grant. First place in each goal category will receive $100,000, second: $50,000, third: $25,000, fourth: $15,000, and fifth: $10,000. That means there will be five $100,000 winners, five $50,000 winners, and so on.
- More support for your project! In addition to $1,000,000 in grant funding provided by the Goldhirsh Foundation, additional funds will be awarded by the Annenberg Foundation to support organizations' diversity and equity efforts, and co-working space Second Home Hollywood will offer free office, meeting, and event space to help select winning organizations accomplish their goals.
- We recently refreshed our LA2050 goals and metrics to ensure we're keeping up with the most pressing issues in our region.