To honor MLK Day 2021, we asked some of our LA2050 grantees to share how their work honors the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Some highlights from their videos:
- Union Station Homeless Services honors Dr. King by continuing "to fight for the dignity and justice of those who have been continually disenfranchised."
- Creative Acts spreads Dr. King's message of equality through granting participants "the freedom to express... to say, to speak, and to live out the dream."
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (NHMLAC) shares how Dr. King "embodied access and inclusion for all mankind" — values that NHMLAC lives by.
- Los Angeles Audubon Society pays tribute to Dr. King by "continuing to make strides in civil rights... whether social, economic, or environmental."
- Miry's List talks about the organization's MLK Day plans and quotes from Dr. King's Letter From a Birmingham Jail: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Los Angeles Maritime Institute shares how the organization carries on Dr. King's message of equal opportunity and access for all.
- And, Jenesse Center says, “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. left a lasting legacy of community service and non-violence... a legacy that we at the Jenesse Center seek to continue."
Click here to view the full YouTube playlist.