DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
- 7 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
PACIFIC ASIAN CONSORTIUM IN EMPLOYMENT
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
ABOUT PACIFIC ASIAN CONSORTIUM IN EMPLOYMENT (PACE)
PACE was founded in 1976 to provide job training and placement services for the Asian Pacific Islander communities in Los Angeles. PACE has since expanded into a variety of service areas, all tailored to meet the growing and changing needs of the multi-ethnic communities in Los Angeles County. Now, in addition to job training and employment services, significant PACE programs encompass: business development, early childhood education (Head Start), financial education and asset building, housing and rehabilitation services, weatherization and energy-conservation programs, and affordable housing development.
PACE serves more than 40,000 people each year with our wide scope of services with approximately 300+ staff. PACE is recognized as a leader in addressing problems of poverty and economic inequity in ethnic minority communities and has a reputation of being responsive to community needs and is known for creating innovative solutions to the myriad of challenges faced by our clients.
About this job
The Director of Development and Communication is responsible for all fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support and increase public awareness of PACE. In collaboration with the COO, they will set the organization's strategic fundraising agenda to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants. The Director also builds and manages brand identity and all aspects of communication to raise awareness of the organization and its programs throughout Los Angeles County.
Roles & responsibilities
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the COO, develop an annual comprehensive development plan with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve PACE’s budgeted goal.
- Secure general operating, capacity building, and program grants.
- Investigate program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization's brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Write and submit new and renewed grants and reports.
- Work closely with program staff to review program services in order to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
- Manage and promote annual and special events.
- Grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with businesses, funders and the communities it serves.
- Produce and distribute quality ancillary materials that support development and marketing goals including newsletters and email blasts.
- In conjunction with the COO, assist with the cultivation of corporate, foundation and business representatives via presentations and tours.
- Manage donor database to ensure accurate donor records and prompt acknowledgement.
- Manage staff, volunteers, and consultants to assist with resource development activities.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Organizational Development or other related field.
- Progressive leadership experience in program management, development, and/or communication.
- At least five (5) years’ professional fundraising experience including a history of successfully obtaining grants.
- Experience planning & executing fundraising events.
- Able to achieve a $5MM - $10MM/year fundraising goal.
- High level of comfort with technology, including experience with Salesforce.
- Multicultural and multilingual background in working with the Asian Pacific Islander community is strongly preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination including drug and alcohol screening.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, adequate automobile insurance coverage and an automobile in working condition; local travel may be required.
Compensation & Benefits
This is starting as an in-office position with a salary range of $120k - $140k with the possibility of transitioning to hybrid. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401k.
Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Envision Consulting was retained by Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment to conduct the search for their incoming Director of Development & Communications.
Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.
Application Link: https://grnh.se/ff5449d51us