Director of Sponsorships
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Santa Monica
- Closing date
About this organization
MusiCares helps the humans behind music because music gives so much to the world. Offering preventive, emergency, and recovery programs, MusiCares is a safety net supporting the health and welfare of the music community. Founded by the Recording Academy in 1989 as a U.S. based, independent 501(c)(3) charity, MusiCares safeguards the well-being of all music people through direct financial grant programs, networks of support resources, and tailored crisis relief efforts.
About this job
The Director of Sponsorships will be responsible for sponsorship strategies across the organization with a primary focus on the annual Person of the Year gala. You are a self-starter that can identify prospects, manage a pipeline, develop pitches, negotiate, and close six-figure deals. You are energized to align the MusiCares brand and mission with leading companies in the music industry and expand to new industries. You are driven to meet and exceed fundraising goals, while cultivating relationships with sponsors. You have a passion for the MusiCares mission and embody our cultural values: service, inclusivity, empowerment, and integrity.
Roles & responsibilities
- Build strategic partnerships and service existing sponsor activities to meet fundraising goals of approximately $5M.
- Mastery in identifying corporate needs and aligning them with MusiCares abilities
- Target and develop corporate sponsors and manage those relationships through the entire sales cycle, including cold/warm outreach, meeting planning and cadence, engagement of key stakeholders, proposal creation, and pitch development to independently close six-figure deals.
- Navigate Fortune 500 companies to identify key decision makers to orchestrate seven-figure deals.
- Collaborate across the fundraising team, event team, and mission delivery team to identify engagement opportunities and support sponsor fulfillment.
- Strategize sponsorship expansion to new industries and build a pipeline of prospects; create strategy and tactics for developing relationships with target companies.
- Gather data, assess leads, and develop strategies designed to realize the engagement potential of corporate prospects.
- Plans long-term engagement strategies and stewards corporate partners to increase philanthropic giving.
- Oversee legal contract tracking process for corporate partnership agreements.
- Oversee client management process and client fulfillment.
- Prepare post-event sponsorship reports and thank you packages.
- Prepare executive reports for leadership and Board of Directors, as needed.
- Maintain database of sponsor prospects and secured sponsors with contact information, contact history, and financial/support history
- Collaborate with and leverage The Recording Academy's client experiences and relationships for additional revenue growth opportunities.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 7 years plus experience in sales or partnerships
- Passion for MusiCares mission and proven servant leadership mindset
- Track record of setting and achieving annual revenue targets
- Demonstrated success in independently securing six-figure gifts
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with corporate executives
- Experience working in events, managing sponsor relations, and fulfillment
- Proven track record working with major corporate brands
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to interact with a variety of different constituents.
- Creative leader with excellent collaborative, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Thrives in a collaborative and entrepreneurial business environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited by the challenges that come along with expanding a premier icon brand and expanding partnership relationships and revenues.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or comparable database products and ability to independently optimize data.
Please apply via the website: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=75705&clientkey=C5FD8143F85F2BFC030FE0D121CFEEA5