Operations and Grants Manager
- 21 days ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Los Angeles, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
The Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles, founded in 2014, supports a better quality of life for Angelenos by driving transformative change through public-private partnerships. The Fund builds collaboration with leaders and experts, cultivates our diversity, capitalizes on our creativity, and champions new ideas. The Fund incubates and supports programs that are time-
specific, impact-oriented efforts by facilitating private resources in partnership with ongoing civic and government-supported programs, as well as focusing on new, innovative solutions to address our greatest challenges. The Fund is built on the idea that building diverse, cross-sector partnerships will help Los Angeles become the most prosperous, most livable, safest and best-run big city in the world.
About this job
The Operations and Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administrative processes and systems that support the Fund’s operations and grant making in close coordination with the CEO. This position administers internal organizational processes including grants management, coordinating the Fund’s financial, human resources tasks, administrative
and operational systems, and leading contracts management and compliance. This position is responsible for continually seeking efficiencies and effectiveness across the Fund’s systems, processes, and program management. Additionally, this position is responsible for leading the
Fund’s Salesforce database system used for donation and grants management, as well as for program expense administration. The Operations and Grants Manager is part of a small team managing and monitoring civic programs within the Mayor’s Fund for Los Angeles and may take on additional roles and responsibilities as needed.
Roles & responsibilities
• Administer human resources processes with the CEO, including support of the recruitment, on-boarding and retention of core and program staff, and serving as liaison with benefits administrators, insurance carriers, and tracking enrollment, billing and annual renewals.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for all core and program staff including management of all deductions; Process state and federal payroll tax deposits and reports in a timely manner.
• Oversee and manage general office operations, including office equipment,
hardware/software, and incoming and outgoing information systems.
• Support development of meeting materials for quarterly Board of Directors meetings and related Committees; Assist with special projects working directly with the President as needed.
• Serve as primary liaison with external CFO and accounting team including review of general ledger and journal entries; regular monitoring of accounts and related monthly reconciliation; coordinating annual audit and 990/required tax filings; and monitoring Fund’s investment portfolio.
• Manage all accounts payable and operations expenses, monitoring the Fund’s payment system bill.com for budget alignment, vendor documentation, and compliance.
• Manage all accounts receivable and revenue recognition processes to ensure accuracy in processing and tracking of all donations, related documents and associated restrictions, and reconciling with Salesforce database.
• Maintain the MFLA Accounting Manual, financial processes documentation and proactively monitor internal legal compliance and processes implementation to build efficiency and impact across the organization.
Contracts, Grants & Data Management:
• Lead the coordination, configuration, and upkeep for donor database/CRM built on a Salesforce platform for tracking donor gifts and engagement as well as additional data for partners and stakeholders.
• Lead contract compliance for incoming revenue including review of all grant agreements and related documentation. Monitor all related reporting requirements, payment schedules and donor restrictions as noted.
• Manage grants administration processes including program-related grant agreements, independent service contracts and invoice processing as appropriate. Monitor all related reporting requirements, pay schedules and grant terms.
• Manage documentation of capital and tech equipment; technology platforms and related subscriptions including user management and troubleshooting as needed.
• A positive attitude and belief in possibilities that the City of Los Angeles can provide for all.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in philanthropy, nonprofit or government programs’ administration. Knowledge of and experience in working on cross-sector partnerships, particularly with an understanding of local government policies and practices, is preferred.
• Demonstrated attention to detail in tracking, managing and reporting data
• Specific experience with finance management including budget administration
• Strong organizational skills, systems thinking, and demonstrated ability in building organizational processes
• Experience with grants management systems, and ideally with using and managing Salesforce platforms. Internet competency, strong computer proficiency, including mastery of Microsoft Office preferred.
• Skilled in exercising sound judgment and possess strong analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently and meet timelines.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced degree in accounting, public policy, business administration or related field preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive and generous package of benefits including paid holidays and time off, health/vision/dental insurance options, retirement savings plan, and remote work reimbursement. The Fund currently operates a hybrid work model.
Expected Salary: $70,000 - $85,000 depending upon experience
Note that the Mayor’s Fund for Los Angeles requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 absent a qualified exemption
Interested applicants should email a cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications along with a complete resume that includes work and education experience to Information@Mayorsfundla.org.
Please include “MFLA Operations & Grants Manager” in the subject line of the email.