Chief Development & Marketing Officer
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Since 1931, JVS SoCal has empowered individuals with the skills, training, resources, and compassionate support they need to secure a better life. Founded in the midst of the Great Depression, JVS SoCal began with a single desk in a Bunker Hill office in downtown Los Angeles, serving job seekers who were struggling to survive amid overt workplace discrimination.
Today, more than 265 skilled and dedicated JVS SoCal staff members deliver services from over 20 sites throughout Los Angeles County and surrounding areas, assisting tens of thousands of clients each year through career training, veteran services, immigrants and refugees, scholarships, job centers, women empowerment, and disability services.
Though the immediate goal of JVS SoCal is to assist people to move from unemployment or chronic underemployment to a living wage, the long-term effect is that they are able to contribute to their communities, helping to stimulate and grow the local economy. JVS SoCal embraces diversity and creates pathways to equality.
The annual operating budget is $30 million, 80 percent of which currently originates from government funding and 20 percent from individuals, foundations, and corporations. To learn more about JVS SoCal, please visit https://www.jvs-socal.org.
About this job
As JVS SoCal continues to be a leading social enterprise agency, the Chief Development and Marketing Officer will be responsible for managing the strategic direction and oversight of a comprehensive fund development and marketing program to ensure the agency’s ongoing success and sustainability. The successful candidate will be focused on building major gifts, annual gifts, planned gifts, and institutional grants and contracts to achieve fundraising goals. Simultaneously, this leader will ensure cohesive and consistent messaging and will deliver timely and relevant information to internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Development and Marketing Officer will provide leadership, motivation, and support to a total team of 19 and directly supervise the Senior Vice President of Philanthropy, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications, Director of Women’s Leadership Network, Director of Planned Giving, Director of Grants, Contracts, & Strategic Partnerships, and Administrative Coordinator.
The salary range is $240,000-260,000 based on experience. Relocation assistance, if needed, is negotiable. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Roles & responsibilities
• A minimum of eight to ten years of progressively responsible and successful fundraising and management experience.
• A proven track record of raising significant support and proven success with major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, corporate giving, foundation grants, special events, capital campaigns and other campaigns.
• Knowledgeable about best practices and trends in data-driven marketing, brand management, and public relations.
• A proven record of success in leadership positions that plan and operate strategically, build public support, strengthen infrastructure, and inspire staff and board members.
• Experience in social justice, human service, or other pertinent environments would be ideal.
• A bachelor's degree is preferred. Candidates without a degree but with significant experience in a similar field are encouraged to apply.
JVS SoCal has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the CDMO search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2228/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2228.