- 20 days ago
- Employment type
- Whittier, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in 1967 by a group of parents concerned about rising levels of juvenile delinquency, drug and alcohol use, gang affiliation, violence and child abuse, Helpline Youth Counseling (HYC) was incorporated in 1971 with a primary purpose of providing counseling and assistance to at-risk, low income children, youth and their families. Since its inception, HYC has been eliminating barriers and creating opportunities for its clients. Through its comprehensive and holistic array of programs, HYC supports and strengthens families and their resources to enhance their resiliency and help them attain self-sufficiency.
About this job
Helpline Youth Counseling
Whittier, CA 90604
$50,000 - $55,000 a year - Full-time
Full Job Description
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director and Development Department Team. The Executive Assistant will serve as Executive Assistant to the HYC Executive Director and will provide administrative support assisting with Executive and Development operations and projects.
Location: 14181 Telegraph Avenue, Whittier, CA 90604
Roles & responsibilities
• Scheduling, administrative duties, correspondence, and interacting with agency staff and stakeholders including donors, community partners, and vendors on behalf of the Executive Director and Development Department.
• Maintenance of the Development donor database including daily gift entry, updating donor records and generating reports, donor acknowledgment, and completing donor reconciliation reports with the Finance Department.
• Research of prospective new government, corporate, foundation, and individual donors, including those identified by the HYC Development Team, Development Committee, Board of Directors, and other supporters to increase monetary and in-kind support for the organization.
• Serve as a liaison to HYC supporters and potential supporters. Duties may include in-person and telephone outreach, making presentations in the community about agency services and giving opportunities, and attending community group and networking events on behalf of HYC.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of in-person and virtual fundraising events.
• Design and write Executive and Development communications including marketing materials, web site updates, press releases, agency publications, and social media content.
• Write business correspondence for Executive Director and Development Team.
• Prepare in-house mailings, including mail merges, accurate labeling and postage for events and donor campaigns; assist in managing administrative volunteers and help oversee volunteer projects.
• Attend Board Development Committee meetings and assist with communications and meetings with the Committee members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2 years of experience as an Executive Assistant preferred, particularly for a nonprofit organization.
• Strong interpersonal communication, customer service orientation, and ability to communicate and interact with staff and stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
• Professionalism and confidentiality.
• Good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Proactive, flexible, and resourceful approach to work responsibilities.
• Commitment to the HYC mission.
• Well-developed written communication abilities, including drafting business correspondence and documents. A brief writing exercise will be part of the hiring process.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Outstanding computer skills, attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry.
• Prior experience with donor database a plus.
• Proficient with MS Office and office equipment.
• Must be willing to work on-site in the office (not a remote position). Some remote work may be available. HYC follows the COVID protocols established by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
• Availability to work occasional evenings and weekend days in support of agency events and projects.
• Ability to successfully pass a TB screening test.
• Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
• Must have ability to pass criminal clearance background check.
• Must have a valid California driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Apply at: www.hycinc.org/careers